cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy customer

knowless004
Joining in

I  joined virgin media on 1 August after 16 years as a loyal sky customer however their prices increased led to me looking at an 18 month contract else where . Being such a reputable company I didn’t expect to have any issues.
However I seem to have had nothing but problems with my bills. My first bill was raised on 25 August for £51. The payment date wasn’t convenient for me so I requested it to be changed from 12th each month to the 25th. I was assured this was done on every occasion I spoke with someone and a revised bill was sent to me on the 5th September for £82.03 which was the £51 + the extra days from 12th to 21st September.

I was shocked to learn a payment of £51 was taken from my bank on the 12th September. I immediately contacted live chat and was given an apology and assured it was all sorted and the additional £31.03 would be collected on 21st September.

21st September came and went with no payment being taken so I at this point contacted your team again and was once again given an apology and told i could make a manual payment or wait for my direct debit to collect the following month.

I decided to wait and see if the direct debit corrected itself the following month. I received my most recent bill on 5th October and was dismayed to see a £7.50 late payment fee on there so I raised an immediate complaint. I explained it was  virgin system that had not collected my payment and not that I had failed to make one. After almost an hour on the phone, a colleague agreed to waive the late payment fee and credit my account with £30 as a gesture of goodwill. He arranged to call me on 20th October to take a manual payment of £50.50 as he advised my direct debit would not collect until 21st November. No call back was received as promised which was disappointing but probably for the best as a direct debit has been collected today for £97.02 which is more than I actually owe. Also the late payment fee hasn’t been refunded. 

Again I contact live chat and spoke to numerous people only to be told virgin  don’t have a complaints department.  To say I am unhappy with the service is an understatement. I understand there is a potential language barrier between onshore and offshore but clearly further work is needed. 

I have lost faith and trust in the company already based on my limited tine as a customer, any ideas how to proceed? 

5 REPLIES 5

knowless004
Joining in

I  joined virgin media on 1 August after 16 years as a loyal sky customer however their prices increased led to me looking at an 18 month contract else where . Being such a reputable company I didn’t expect to have any issues.
However I seem to have had nothing but problems with my bills. My first bill was raised on 25 August for £51. The payment date wasn’t convenient for me so I requested it to be changed from 12th each month to the 25th. I was assured this was done on every occasion I spoke with someone and a revised bill was sent to me on the 5th September for £82.03 which was the £51 + the extra days from 12th to 21st September.

I was shocked to learn a payment of £51 was taken from my bank on the 12th September. I immediately contacted live chat and was given an apology and assured it was all sorted and the additional £31.03 would be collected on 21st September.

21st September came and went with no payment being taken so I at this point contacted your team again and was once again given an apology and told i could make a manual payment or wait for my direct debit to collect the following month.

I decided to wait and see if the direct debit corrected itself the following month. I received my most recent bill on 5th October and was dismayed to see a £7.50 late payment fee on there so I raised an immediate complaint. I explained it was  virgin system that had not collected my payment and not that I had failed to make one. After almost an hour on the phone, a colleague agreed to waive the late payment fee and credit my account with £30 as a gesture of goodwill. He arranged to call me on 20th October to take a manual payment of £50.50 as he advised my direct debit would not collect until 21st November. No call back was received as promised which was disappointing but probably for the best as a direct debit has been collected today for £97.02 which is more than I actually owe. Also the late payment fee hasn’t been refunded. 

Again I contact live chat and spoke to numerous people only to be told virgin  don’t have a complaints department.  To say I am unhappy with the service is an understatement. I understand there is a potential language barrier between onshore and offshore but clearly further work is needed. 

I have lost faith and trust in the company already based on my limited tine as a customer, any ideas how to proceed? 

knowless004
Joining in

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey knowless004, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this billing issues.

Your first bill is a double payment with any fees such as install activation etc.

We can look at changing your payment date however we can't do this right away the first bill would of needed to be paid.

I can also see on our side since this post you've spoke to the team did they help at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It’s not just a new billing issue, I’m aware of the advance billing rule but I got a welcome credit of £50 that meant my first bill was only £50.50.

The last person I spoke with basically said you didn’t have a complaints team and couldn’t help with my fee so I gave up at that point. Could really do with speaking to someone onshore re this otherwise I’ll be escalating further as soon as I can 

We do have a complaints team anyone can help with this.

I will send you a PM now so we can look at doing this for you. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?