Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unexpected bill increase

I've just received my bill showing package price has suddenly increased by £7 followed by an email saying ring 150 only if an emergency.  So how do I sort this out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unexpected bill increase

check your last bill and this one. See what the difference is. Has one of your discounts expired

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sandyback1, can you look over the bill to see what has increased, then look at the contact to see when the discounts expire. We do charge for the service a month in advance ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Chris.  Looks like my loyalty discount has been removed.  I cannot find any web/email option to roll this over for another 12 months.  How can I do this without ringing 150 ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

has your contract come to an end or so you still have 6 months remaining.

If you are out of contract you'd need to (try) and call in. If you are still in contract you will need to wait until the completion of the contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'View Contract' states that my current contract started on 14 April 2019.  It does not give any end date.  So I assume the loyalty discount ends on 13 April 2020 and VM can then charge me whatever the top rate is for my package.  Until their current restrictions on ringing 150 is lifted, it appears there is nothing I can do about this.  I think VM should look at how they reward loyalty.  Is it that difficult to implement a button in 'My account' for customers to click to opt for a further 12 months discounted service to save burdening their call centre service?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have to completely disagree with you.

Your contract gives you all the information you need.

In my attached contract, red identifies when my contract minimum period ends and green shows when my price increases and why:

3794DEBC-C14C-4656-8C7C-C7242716B12C.jpeg

0 Kudos