cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undercollected on direct debit

Ian475
Joining in

My direct debit is £48 a month,for some strange reason virgin only collected 46 last month and now have the audacity to include a snotty note on my latest bill saying I underpaid last month and owe them £2!
hiw can I underpay when it’s virgin that collects the money,more to the point is how the hell do I pay this £2 now that I have been made aware of it,I have never owed anyone a penny in my life and object strongly to the methods virgin are now using for there own mistakes.

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Ian475 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry that this has happened with your bill and we fully understand your frustrations. You can view how to make payments online here where we have a variety of methods.

We are not able to make changes to a direct debit or take payments from the forums, but if you would like me to take a look at the bill at all I'd be more than happy to via a private message, just pop back and let me know. 

You can speak to our team on 0345 454 1111 in regards to making any changes to your direct debit at all.

thanks,the link was easy to pay,still annoyed at having to though when it’s your fault not mine.your wording in the email bill to notify me of this was ott I feel.

I am very sorry again that this has happened @Ian475 and I fully understand your frustration. 

I have taken a look via the PM for you but if you do need any further explanation or help please do pop back to me there and I'll be happy to advise further. 

Ian475
Joining in

typically they have now taken a overpayment for my monthly fee,I paid the £2 immediately I was aware of it,now they have taken my usual payment plus a extra £2 that I had already paid.

my contract is up in a couple of months and to make life easier I will be moving somewhere else as virgin lately are just plain useless.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Ian475.
We're sorry to hear there is an ongoing issue with your payments, as well as how you feel about us. 😞

Based on what we read above our system may have made automatically the corrections towards the previous bill payment and we've probably added the £2 missing from the previous bill (although you've paid this manually after the bill due date) however to put your mind at ease if you've paid more manually any excessive amount will be used as credit against your next bills to follow.

Based on this you should get a bill £2 less than what you should have next time but if you like, I could send you a PM here so we can check this and confirm if there are more corrections to make due to this error.
Again apologies for this and we're eager to assist if you need this - please kindly confirm if you want us to check now or wait for the next bill and see if there's a £2 credit there, if not you can pop back here with a new post so we can rectify it and help you pay the correct amount.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs