Menu
ElfyBumbles
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievably stressed now

Please can someone help me downgrade 

On Saturday I spent over an hour on webchat trying to downgrade my package and after an hour got as far as being asked my password.. Each question was about 15 minutes apart. Then after an hour the agent said sorry she was stepping away from the desk and didnt come back

Today I got to 2hr and 20 minutes and finally thought I was getting somewhere only to be sent the message in the image. 

I've spent almost 4 hours trying to downgrade my package. I've said over and over that at a minimum I want the movie channels and kids TV removed as my package goes from £88 to £108 at the end of the month, plus the £4.50 price increase. After almost 4 hours of trying I still have no package price, no options of what I can downgrade to, actually no information on anything (except what weekends is)

Please can someone from VM help me downgrade before I cancel due to this hassle. I've been a customer for over 20 years and can't believe how hard it is for someone to just give me some options I can downgrade to. Almost 4 hours with no price then get this message below 

InShot_20210208_151233500-min.jpg

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unbelievably stressed now

If you call up and speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) then you have the options to negotiate a better price/deal than you would via regrades, or to cancel your account.

150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
ElfyBumbles
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The image doesn't seem to be showing up. The last message sent said

Thanks for the confirmation (name). I'm really sorry to inform you that we have downtime with the tolls to tailor your package I would request you to contact after 3-4 hours by resuming this conversation so that we can review your package as our technical team is working on this it will be fixed in next 3-4 hours. I am sorry that we have downtime with the tolls to tailor your package I would request you to contact after 3-4 hours by resuming this conversation so that we can review your package as our technical team is working on this it will be fixed in next 3-4 hours 

0 Kudos
ElfyBumbles
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, After the last 2 days of this I think I probably will just cancel now. Its been 2 afternoons completely wasted and twice the person (same name both days) has used an excuse to end the conversation without helping. Do you know if the number to call from a mobile is free?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you have a VM landline or mobile then calling 150 would be a free call.

A call to the 0345 454 1111 number is usually included as part of the inclusive minutes on most mobile operators.

You can also use freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any number beginning 03 is a landline number. It's charged as a call to a landline, from all UK fixed & mobile operators.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ElfyBumbles, thanks for the message. We do not do downgrades and cancellations and you would need to contact us to get this done. Please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 so that this can be resolved for you ^Chris

0 Kudos
ElfyBumbles
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please can someone help. Me I'm actually ready for tears now. 

After changing my password twice last week (I have a photo of what I changed it to)

I've called the 0800 number above, chose my options to change package. 40 mins in the queue. Girl answers and says I've failed the ivr password thing. I wasn't asked a password. No matter how many times I said I hadn't been asked a password she says It shows that side that I did. I've logged into my account and given the details off my bill which also show as different on her side so can't access my account. 

That's a week now I've been trying to downgrade my package. All these details security details were fine last week when I was on web chat...(at least the webchat person claimed to be in my account)

My password was changed on the Web chat so that I didn't need to be asked the security questions again. Now I'm trying by phone to downgrade and not being asked the password and being told that I was and failed and could be sent a password reminder by post. I know what my password is, I set it twice to it last week, the system hasn't asked me for it.

I've asked to have someone call me back to sort this as I've spent almost 4 hours on webchat and 50 minutes on the phone but been told just to call back the same number I was on. I've asked for a number to complain and been told to call the number I'm on. 

Something is clearly wrong with my account and after all this I now want to cancel 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ElfyBumbles, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the experience which you have had with us. I will send you a private message. Chris

0 Kudos