cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Package Change

SeanSean96
Tuning in

Hey, looking for help regarding an issue that has resulted in billing discrepancies, package changes and unexpected charges.

Initially subscribed to an internet package at £24, which was increased to £51 due to the expiry of a promotional offer, unbeknownst to me.

Upon confronting them about the unexpected hike, Virgin Media offered a new package at £28 for 18 months via WhatsApp chat. They asked if I confirmed, I said, "Yes, will I be paying £28 today?" assuming now that I am on a new package I would be paying for said package. The next response was "Great!" followed by telling me that I would be expected to pay £68.26. This was the first time this had been mentioned so I asked why £68.26.

They explained that this included a payment of £51 (A payment i didn't even know i was paying) and then said the following payment would be £17.26.

As I was typing my confusion, asking for clarification they responded oddly and ended the chat. I wasn't even aware my package had been changed, only learned a few weeks later after trying to contact customer support. Notably, I was charged £75.76, a totally different figure that was never discussed or agreed upon during any interaction.

Ive included screenshots of the interaction for clarification. Is there anyone that can help me with this?
Ideally i'd like to be reverted to my initial payment and remove any late fees and package fees that I never agreed to.

SeanSean96_0-1697049163322.jpeg

SeanSean96_1-1697049171402.jpeg

SeanSean96_2-1697049181258.jpeg

SeanSean96_3-1697049194783.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

SeanSean96
Tuning in

Update: I was told nothing could be done besides removal of a late fee, was then told i could talk to a team that could assist further. Then was told everyone has signed off for today so i assume back to square one.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SeanSean96,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you've experienced some bill discrepancies since changing your package deal.

From what you have posted it seems that you we're not aware that your deal of £24 was coming to an end and the standard charge of £51 was about to take place.

We do inform all customers that their contract is coming to an end between 10-40 days before this happens either via text/email or letter. We also let you know what date your contract will end on your monthly statement.

Unfortunately, if you have not called us before the standard charge has taken effect, you will be charge this until your new package deal takes place on the account. From your messages above, it seems you have been charged the standard £51 plus a part charge of your new package deal. If you have not paid your bill, you will also be charged an additional late payment fee on top of this.

You advised our team advised they will remove the late payment fee as a gesture of goodwill, therefore this will bring your bill down to the original £68.26.

Once this bill has been cleared, going forward as you have now agreed a new deal, you will only be charged £28 per month.

Kind regards Jodi. 

You're correct in that I didn't know my package qas coming to an end. My main issue is with being placed on a package that I didn't agree to. I asked a question about the package I was offered and then was immediately switched without my knowledge because the chat ended.

Surely to enter into a new contract I need to fordt understand the terms of that contract? Which from those screenshots you can see I clearly did not understand yet aas pushed through none the less.

I have been trying to contact Virgin media for weeks now and all I get is calls and chats that never go anywhere because they either just end or they move me to another department then that department never responds.

Hi @SeanSean96, thank you for your response.

We understand your frustration 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel