Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised changes on my account - price increase

Hello, I am a new customer (account number [MOD EDIT: Removed]).  I signed up on Monday 1st June and the package price was £58.30.  My services were installed on Friday 5th June.  Yesterday I had an email to say thank you for the changes (I haven't made any) and that the bill has now gone up to £61.30. Can someone please get back to me to explain why the bill has gone up and what changes have been made without my consent?  The only thing I am aware of is that the new router the engineer installed did not work so he had to plug an old one back in which belonged to the previous tenant. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unauthorised changes on my account - price increase

never post your account details

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip, I though the message would be picked up by Virgin staff. I can't seem to edit the message. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised changes on my account - price increase

Hello, I am a new customer.  I signed up on Monday 1st June and the package price was £58.30.  My services were installed on Friday 5th June.  Yesterday I had an email to say thank you for the changes (I haven't made any) and that the bill has now gone up to £61.30. Can someone please get back to me to explain why the bill has gone up and what changes have been made without my consent?  The only thing I am aware of is that the new router the engineer installed did not work so he had to plug an old one back in which belonged to the previous tenant. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hamster79,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome. I am sorry you are having issues with your package price, I will be more than happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hamster79,

Welcome to Virgin Media and the community! Thank you for your post. I'm sorry if the increase in your monthly amount caused you any concern.

I'd suggest checking your online account here (if you have registered one) to double check your package and subscriptions to ensure that everything is as you agreed when you set up your contract. You can also check your bills there too, all charges will be explained and listed clearly on each bill.

Let me know if you find any changes you're not aware of and if you need anything else from there.

Look forward to hearing back.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paul, thank you so much for your help on getting this issue resolved so quickly and favourably.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, thank you for your message. This issue has now been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel,

Happy I could help, please don't hesitate to come back if you need any further help.

Regards

Paul.