banjhiyi
On our wavelength

IMG_3986.png

IMG_3987.png

IMG_3988.png

IMG_3989.png

IMG_3990.png

IMG_3991.png

VM has taken an unauthorised direct debit from my account today for £129.83.

Unauthorised for two reasons: 1) my account was supposed to be in credit to time of £350+ and 2) you haven’t actually sent a bill for that amount. On point two, VM has breached the Direct Debit Guarantee.

Having spoken to the appalling WhatsApp team, it appears a loss of service credit has been reversed. Without any notice. No reason was given on the WhatsApp chat and I was effectively told to ‘suck it up’.

How can this be possible? I’ve either been approved for a loss of service credit or I haven’t. You cannot just reverse it with no notice.

Next, the bill includes a £25 activation fee for V360. This is wrong as well. The activation fee was supposed to have been waived as a goodwill gesture for yet another lie earlier in the renewal process.

So there are three very serious matters here:

1. The unauthorised DD
2. The reversal of the loss of service credit
3. The charging of the activation fee.

You’ll find screenshots attached of the My VM pages and app proving no bill has been issued.

For additional context, I called to investigate staying on May 4th. I was offered a package that has once again proven to be too good to be true, and this meant invoking the cooling off period with BT. Part of the deal was the promise of an additional V6 box free of charge and without fee to replace my secondary TiVo box.

This was not dispatched and after another call I was told this was not agreed. Well it was, you record calls and you simply need to listen to the tape.

However I accepted the offer of a V360 upgrade with no fees and charges and was asked to call back to confirm after my holiday.

I did this on June 2nd. I then had to go through the charade of proving all the chat and eventually one of the calls was listened to.

Now I find out today you’ve charged me anyway because lying and incompetence is seemingly institutional in the company.

Further, what made the deal compelling as agreed on May 4th, was the loss of service credit as it effectively gave me four months of service with no charge. I’m now in a position where none of the promises and agreements have been adhered to.

If that wasn’t enough, some works by an engineer were agreed on May 4th. And of course, the engineer turned up and carried out only half the work.

Is this how you treat every customer of 26 years standing? One literally cannot believe a word said by anyone representing VM. I’ve been told today for example that my bill is back at £74.12 next month but I don’t believe that for a minute. How can I when you haven’t even billed me for money you’ve taken today?

I have complained but I’ve done that before and as other forum members can attest, VM closes and or deletes complaints without resolving them, leaving us at a disadvantage with the Ombudsman.

In an ideal world I’d have the loss of service charge refunded plus the £25 V360 activation fee (in excess of £400). However, I’m now so disgusted with the treatment I’ve received that I’ll accept immediate freedom of contact. I really would rather pay another company more than stay in this abusive relationship. The trust has gone and it’s all on you.

I won’t push for the original V6 box as was promised not will I claim for the inordinate amount of time I have had to spend on this, plus the distress by falling overdrawn because of your unauthorised raid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Banjhiyi, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this complaint looked into, I am sorry these multiple aspects have caused so much frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you within a PM which I'll send over now 📨

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Banjhiyi, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this complaint looked into, I am sorry these multiple aspects have caused so much frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you within a PM which I'll send over now 📨

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

banjhiyi
On our wavelength

Hi Megan - when should I expect to receive the PM? Thanks very much.

Hi Banjhiyi,

Apologies that it hasn't come through yet! Let me send it again 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L