Menu
kyle_castle96
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unadopted Road Query

I noticed that at the end of my road houses are able to get 1gig with you guys now and currently my road doesn’t have the ability to have virgin services.

the distance is no more than 20-30m from the main road and was wondering whether it was possible to have this installed? I have registered for my cable my street in the past but have not heard anything since

Many Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unadopted Road Query

Hello

https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker go here and register, then a spotter will be sent.

I take it if your talking about 1Gb then you must be in the Southampton area as currently that is the only place that is trailing that service.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if the road is not adopted by the council it's very unlikely VM will even consider it.

Even if they do they will only cable it if its going to make them money. 30 meters would be a very large install cost How many houses are on the street that are not cabled?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
kyle_castle96
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:
if the road is not adopted by the council it's very unlikely VM will even consider it.

Even if they do they will only cable it if its going to make them money. 30 meters would be a very large install cost How many houses are on the street that are not cabled?

I always thought that would be the case, there is 19 houses in my road currently.

0 Kudos
kyle_castle96
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker go here and register, then a spotter will be sent.

I take it if your talking about 1Gb then you must be in the Southampton area as currently that is the only place that is trailing that service.

Mike

I'll take a look, and I am. I didn't even know ISPs were even offering such a speed yet to consumers until yesterday

0 Kudos