Menu
Starsocks12
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unacceptable customer service behaviour

I'll start at the beginning of the appalling saga I am still currently experiencing and would be glad of helpful advice although my formal letter of complaint will be posted to virgin, the CEO and a copy to Ofcom (to begin the 8 week complaints procedure for escalation)....On the 9th of June I requested a disconnection believing myself to be on a rolling contract but was informed that I was on a new contract and would be charged an early leaving fee,no email exchange at change of contract or proper discussion of terms but I pondered upon it and accepted the situation and not wanting to be charged the fee phoned back up on the 30th June to stop the disconnection, so a week and a half before it was due to be turned off and in plenty time so service would continue as normal. I was reassured by the virgin agent that my contract would continue as normal. I was confident it was sorted until the 10th of July they cut off my services, so I phoned and they told me yes it was a mistake and the person who took the last call had put cancel disconnection but not done it properly so don't worry it will be reconnected within 72 hours and the fee of £200+ would be removed by the end of the day. My services resumed on the 11th. On 13th of July , on checking my bill, not only had £200+ not been removed but there was a charge of £76 and it said my package had been upgraded from my £44 package! Not at any point have I accepted a higher package and adamantly said no to any offers, we don't watch much TV etc. So phoned again and reassured it would be sorted, again the agent confirmed we should not be charged the fee and that our next bill would be £44. On 14th July I received an email from virgin so I opened it, what is it? A new contract for a higher package for 18months and my bill had gone up even higher plus the £200+ fee is still on!!??? WHAT ON EARTH??? No new deal or anything was remotely discussed! I can only assume these agents are deliberately forcing contracts on people without any consent whatsoever. I queried the acceptance of a contract in the first original instance and was told that by opening the email I had accepted, how can this be when I don't know what I am about to open? I certainly have never replied to an email so no exchange made. Anyway I have phoned 3 times today (14th) to try and resolve this matter, the first 2 insisting it will be sorted by the end of the day. But nothing has changed, I have totally lost any faith and sick of it only being lied to but also fraudulently being signed up to something that hasn't even been discussed. I just want my original £44 contract back to normal until the joyful day when my contract can be legally ended and I can leave!!! For good! Apparently I'm going to get a call tomorrow after the agent has spoken to the manager, I won't be holding my breath! Been promised that before.

0 Kudos
Starsocks12
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptable customer service behaviour

I would also like to add by the way that the higher package only included a few more channels on the TV which we were unaware of as we always navigate the TV through our favourites list so new channels are obviously not shown because they haven't been ticked, we just happened to stumble upon GOLD today and checked what's going on because we shouldn't have that channel and found others too. I just thought I would make this clear before someone accuses us of willingly using the added (unwanted) services.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello there Starsocks12

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that the standard of service you have received hasn't met your expectations and apologise for any confusion and inconvenience regarding the disconnection request. 

Have you received an update regarding this issue since your last post?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Starsocks12
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The agent that I last phoned did call me back after speaking to the manager the next day and told me that yes I was correct, I should not have been disconnected and the upgrades should not have occured, and would all be amended by the manager by the end of the day (yesterday)....but it still hasn't been, it remains on my bill. I will be phoning tomorrow to offer to pay the £44 that should be due on the 29th. Hopefully it will have been amended by then because I'm sick of having to re-explain everything, especially when the agents just don't get it and keep repeating 'but you was disconnected' And hopefully they will accept the £44 payment because I certainly don't want to be accused of defaulting on the package I should be on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you are still need some help after speaking to us tomorrow and making a payment please let us know.

We'd like to see if there's anything we could do from this side. 

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Starsocks12
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think and hope this has now been resolved but only after some more mistakes and lies. I phoned to pay, explained everything, agent says I'm on a rolling contract, I say "oh really ???" , she then says her computer's running slow she'll phone back. An hour later still no call so I phoned back and this time got someone who actually knows what he's talking about. He tells me the last agent input onto the details that she tried to call back twice. LIAR. I never moved from my phone and no missed calls appeared. The callback service also would have prevented a wrong number being rung. Anyway he explained that the bill was correct at their end etc, it's all sorted. This morning though I received a letter saying how we have used some of our services a lot more lately and our balance is a little higher than it normally is and a spending limit may be put on our account soon. This, in my eyes is pure fabrication as the services have been used less if anything as our eldest son left home etc, and take this to be an effort to backlash at the official complaint I sent to Virgin. This was not mentioned to me in any phone call and I have a recording of last night's confirming the price etc. I had not yet sent a copy of the complaint to CISAS and was going to put the saga behind me but thanks Karen Walker, customer services director for that, I can add it onto my list of things that show Virgin is really messed up and for the heads up that everything may still not be ok. I would love to know what services she's talking about because we do not use the phone line except to call virgin!, the internet hasn't been used for gaming so much since our eldest son left and we rarely use on demand TV etc. Bullying tactics are not appreciated and only solidifies our decision that once the contract ends in April we will never return. But thankyou Chris who sorted it all for us, a rare gem of an employee among Virgin's staff in my experience.

0 Kudos
Starsocks12
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Phoned AGAIN. Agent told me I'm on an unlimited data contract as I thought but wanted to double check and haven't used much anyway (my bill is the same, no increase) so can't understand why I have received the letter. Vindictiveness perhaps? But obviously another outright lie or idiotic mistake and one that appears to be from a director at that, unless someone has printed it off in her name. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starsocks12

I noticed you mentioned your complaint is with CISAS, Is that correct? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Joe_F wrote:

Hi Starsocks12

I noticed you mentioned your complaint is with CISAS, Is that correct? 

Thanks Joe_F

I noticed that the OP mentioned  "I had not yet sent a copy of the complaint to CISAS and was going to put the saga behind me." 

To be fair that was at 12.24 and a complaint may have been made to CICAS since then.

Better then to check with the OP before calling the issue deadlocked.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Sololobo

My bad! Been a long day! We will need to look at this via private message, if you can reply that would be brilliant.

Thanks Joe

0 Kudos