Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to upgrade

Hello,

I phoned support the week before last to renew my contract and potentially get a better package. I specifically wanted my broadband speed to be upgraded to M350. I was told that if I renewed my contract to stay on the same package, then I would be able to upgrade my broadband speed online for a small extra monthly cost. I then discovered that I can't, instead I just keep getting the message "Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online."

I tried to call support again numerous times, but have now given up. When I explain the problem I just get put on permanent hold all the time. I really cannot afford to spend any more time on the phone or hanging on the message app, does anybody know how to fix this? 

Regards,
Stuart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to upgrade

You cannot fix this. I've had that message on my account ever since I signed up, many years ago. Apparently it means you have a discount or similar on your account, and they want you to call to change your package.

I wanted to upgrade today, but having a look around the forums it seems nigh on impossible to get through to any one 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, I guess I'm going to have to just lump it, as I really cannot afford to waste more hours on hold. Virgin seem to be happy to speak to people all the time that their contract is up for renewal, but afterwards they just aren't interested. I do have a discount on my package, which is welcome but I'm totally annoyed that their salesman lied to me in order to get me to renew.

I've raised it as a complaint and will begin the dispute resolution process. There doesn't seem to be any other reasonable way of getting their attention.

Thanks again,
Stuart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay, so as I have been unable to get any sort of support from Virgin I ended up raising my issue as a complaint using the online form. I heard nothing. 

Now I have finally received a letter stating that they have been 'unable to reach me on my contact details', despite giving them my mobile number in full and also my email address. I have had no missed calls from anyone. The letter asks that I text a number with a reference and they will then contact me. I have done so, but have heard nothing. Given my experience so far I have no faith whatsoever that I will get any sort of reply.

The letter says that unless they hear from me within 28 days they will close the issue. Quite incredibly, they have deliberately neglected to include a reply address. Can anyone believe this? Virgin have the worst, most appalling support that I have ever come across.

Stuart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi scurrie42, thanks for posting and i'm really sorry you've had issues resolving your upgrade issue and not receiving a response from our teams.

I would like to investigate your issue further.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi scurrie42

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you with the issues you've raised.  I hope you're happy with our efforts to resolve your issues in a manner that you as a fantastic customer, have the right to expect from us.

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lee, more than happy with your response and fix. Thank you so much for your time and help, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Stuart
0 Kudos