Menu
JoPovey
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to set up new account

We signed up with virgin media last month (March) at our new house. Now we need to set up an online account to manage the account and we can't!

Its a completely infuriating process. We have been through the process several times with no success. Firstly its says my email isn't available as a username, I believe this is because I was with virgin media a year or so ago but that has been closed for several months. We have even tried the forgotten password option in case the account is still open but that says my email isn't associated with an account. 

We have tried to then use a different email address and just keep getting a message to say we are unable to set the account up try again later. This has been going on for nearly a week now. 

We tried calling and were fobbed off with a guide telling us all the same things we've already done... very annoying. 

Please can anyone provide any support on how to get this sorted. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to set up new account

Hi @JoPovey,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post about your issues with creating a new account.

As you were with us previously your email address would still be showing against your old account and would prevent you from creating a new account.

We would need to raise this with our IT team to have the background data reset and enable you to create your new account.

I will need to send over a private message, so that we can pass account security and get this investigated further.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos