Menu
cvocvo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to reset password on the My Virgin Media web site

Hi,

Basically, I can't log in to My Virgin Media.  The password reset feature doesn't work. 

1: Went to the forgot password page at: https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password

2: Entered my username and hit continue.

3: Success!  Asking now for Security answer and DOB.

4: Entered Security answer and DOB and hit continue.

5: Success!  Asking for new password and a box to confirm password.

6: Entered new password and same again in confirm password box.  Hit continue.

7: Error!  Message on screen says "Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again." 

(I find the above message strange as there was only 2 fields to fill in and I filled in both.)

8: Entered new password and same again in confirm password box.  Hit continue.

9: I get taken back to the first page (https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password)

This is incredibly frustrating.  The forgot password process is standard for all web sites.  Please can someone look at the web site's back end and fix the issue.

Also, the help pages and chat box on the main virginmedia.com website only provide help and contact details for services, but nowhere can you flag defects or bugs with the actual web site itself (hence the post on this forum).

Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to reset password on the My Virgin Media web site

a possible reason might be the password your entering,
Just to re-iterate what virgin's password policy is.

Length must be between 8-10 characters
Must start with a letter
Must contain a number
Must not contain any spaces or any characters that aren't numbers or letters.

your previous post still on system, I'll have it removed since not allowed duplicate posts, in future if need to find your posts can click on your username and scroll down it will show your posts

There is a currently a bit of a delay getting reply from the forum staff, they're working as fast as they can..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cvocvo
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul.

I've tried with a password that doesn't meet the requirements but the "Continue" button is disabled. It is only enabled when you have fulfulled all the requirements so it is impossible to proceed with an invalid password.

I work in software development, and have implemented password reset features on web sites myself. The nature of the error message appears to confirm that the request is being received by the backend system but there is some null value that is causing the error (based on the error message stating that something has not been filled in).

I am sure this is not just affecting my account. I don't expect someone on the forum to fix the issue, but how can we inform VirginMedia (or the company that manages their web site) that this is a problem.

(Sorry for posting duplicate post, couldn't find the original there but thanks for deleting it)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cvocvo

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and the online account issue. Have you got this sorted since posting? Let me know if not and I'll look into this for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
cvocvo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I've just tried it again there and it still won't let me reset my password.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear this is still an issue for you.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can help you reset this on our end.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos