Menu
Highlighted
dante01
Well-informed
Message 1 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register new account after account transfer

I've recently changed the name associated with my Virgin Media Account and the process requires that the older account be closed and a new account be started under the new name.

I've experienced issues with this entire process from the offset and didn't even get an acknowledgment of the request I'd made to transfer the account to my name  until after Virgin Media had disconnected my broadband and closed the existing account without any prior warning.

I've since received emails from Virgin Media informing me that the new account is active and that I can now register this account online in order to access paperless billing or use some of the Virgin Media apps in conjunction with this account etc.

When attempting to register the new account I can successfully enter all of the requested information asked ion the first page that asks for the account holders surname, the account number and the region code. I can also fill in the next page that asks for email details, password and security questions. I can also get to the next page relating to the Virus Safe and Child safe settings, but I get the following message after I attempt to continue:

snapshot001.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register new account after account transfer

Hi dante01,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this.

Can you confirm what device and web browser you've attempted to register with?

^Martin

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 3 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you for your attention.

I'm using Safari on an IMac running OS X 10.11.6. I've also tried using Firefox. I don't believe it to be an issue with the browser or the platform on which that browser is running. There's already a similar if not the same issue raised here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Can-t-register-for-online-account/t...

I've also been in contact with Virgin's telephone customer services and they cannot register the account at their end either. The issue is that they don't appear to be doing anything to try rectify the situation and keep suggesting I try again later as if the issue will magically resolve itself.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. 

We are aware of an issue with this. At this point we do recommend to give 24 hours and then re-attempt the register. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 5 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

So does this mean that there's a technician actually involved in resolving this exact issue?

What happens if I cannot still register the account in another 24hrs?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 85
Flag for a moderator

If after 24 hours it still doesn't allow you to register please do let us know so we can escalate this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 7 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I should emphasise that what I'm experiencing isn't something that just happened today and I've been attempting to register this account for over a week now. If you are just suggesting I wait another 24hrs to see if it sorts itself out then this is basically the same as what the online support staff have been suggesting without it having any effect. The issue needs escalating now if nothing is actually being done already at your end to resolve it?

Again, is someone dealing with this specific issue and have they indicated that this issue will be resolved over the next 24 hours?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 85
Flag for a moderator

No this is being investigated by our team and when it logs that a customer is unable to register our team will made adjustments that take up to 24 hours to fix.

^Martin

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 9 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 85