cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

amna12
Joining in

Hi there,

This is so insane that 8 months after my services started, I still cant access my account online.

I have tried resetting my password and it doesnt allow me to create any password. I've tried about 30 different combinations, all giving the same "You can't use that password. Please choose another" message.

I cant sign in with my email because the reset PW link that gets sent to my email is "expired" as soon as I click on it.

I need access to my account ASAP to be able to manage it. How can I do this?

9 REPLIES 9

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Amna12 👋

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your online account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration over the past 8 months. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Some things that we need you to do first are -

• Try a different browser. 
  • Try a different device. 
  • Update your browser if it's not already on the latest update. 
  • Delete your cookies/cache. 

If you still cannot sign up for an online account after doing these steps, please let us know and we will help further!

Thanks,

Megan_L

As mentioned already, I tried all of that before making this post. Can I get further help please?

So I can take a closer look at this amna12, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

francosiu
Joining in

Hi Virgin supports,

I also having the same issues and even my account has been locked (cannot reset password and cannot register another new email address), would someone assist me?

Best regards,

Hi francosiu, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues registering with the online account. 

I understand that you have had a My Virgin Media account and when you sign in it is saying locked?

When resetting the password does this happen on alternative browsers? 

What error message are you currently getting? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

I tried to login or reset my password by clicking the forgot password link, system pop up as below. I also tried to use different browser and got the same result.

Kindly assist.

Best regards

Contact us
You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account.

To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you.

Contact us

You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account.

To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you

Ah I think I know what has happened francosiu, and I will send you a PM so that things can be looked into further 

Chris. 

Just wanted to chase on my original message as it has been a week tomorrow and still no way of accessing my account. Thanks

Hi amna12, 

Thanks for coming back to Travis via private message. We're sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. 

I can see this has been raised with the IT Team for you and for now, there is nothing further we can do I'm afraid. The IT team will update Travis as soon as they have any updates and in turn he will come back to you directly. 

We're sorry that this is making you want to leave Virgin Media but we also understand you need to do what's right for you. There are 3 ways in which you can cancel your service: 

• 1) You can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again.
  • 2) You can text the team on 0753 305 1809. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.
  • 3) You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include your account number, your name and full address as well as contact details for you. Send your letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

If you have any further queries, pop back and let us know but in the meantime, Travis will be in touch once he has any update. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs