Menu
Ian_Simmonds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register VM account

I am having an issue registering my VM account. I have spoken with the chat team and they were unable to help. Tried teh phone but got cut off. The issue is  this:

Register for My Virgin Media -> input last name, account number, area reference -> Create username, password, and security question -> select Web Safe settings -> then I get a page saying "We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to register VM account

Hi Ian_Simmonds,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems when trying to register your My Virgin Media account. We'll need to raise an IT ticket for this issue to be resolved. I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take some account details.

Thanks

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian_Simmonds,

Thanks for passing security via PM.

I've raised an IT ticket for this issue now, under the reference: P010463226

As soon as I have an update on this ticket for you, I will let you know from here. IT tickets are usually resolved within 5 working days. 

If you would ever like to request an update, feel free to post below and we'll be happy to check for updates for you.

Thanks for your patience while we look into this for you.

Beth

0 Kudos
Ian_Simmonds
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Beth,

Any update?

Regards

Ian Simmonds

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Ian_Simmonds 

I have just taken a look over the  IT ticket raised,  It has been brought to light that the email address you are trying to register with is active on another account. 

Are you able to register using a different email address? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Ian_Simmonds
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have two VM accounts as I have two properties. I have a different account number and just need to change the DD details and associate an email address with this account.

Are you able to associate the following email address with the account number so I can log in?

[removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @Ian_sommonds. 

Please can you remove your email address from the last post, we need to keep your information as safe as possible. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we can get this all sorted. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos