cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact anyone about house move - chat disappears

JLP_1
Joining in

I am moving house temporarily soon while repairs take place on my house.  I have been through the whole moving house 'chat to a bot' about 3 or 4 times.  The agent doesn't reply immediately - there is a message saying you can go about your day.  However the page then times out and I am back to square one.When I sign in again, the chat is gone. Infuriating at how hard it is to speak to someone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JLP_1 

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JLP_1 

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi JLP_1,

Thanks for posting about this on our Customer Services, we are sorry you're finding it hard to get through on our chat service 😥

I can see @newapollo has already given you some great advice which we would highly recommend as we're unable to help with Mover's Processes here on the Forums. 

So please try calling the Movers Team at 8am on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 3 and they will endeavour to help further. 

Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks,

Megan_L

JLP_1
Joining in

I have been through days of circles of hell on automated chats, where I end up back at the beginning after giving all of the information. I posted here and was given a number which I have rang numerous times, only to have the call ended on me after sitting on hold.  Its unacceptable not to be able to make basis requests - in this case to inform you that I am moving house.

I have rang the number numerous times each day and the call is ended on me. 

Hi JLP_1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies to hear you're no further forward. 

Moving Home queries aren't something we're able to help with via the Community so the only thing I can do is refer you back to either calling the team on the number Megan gave in her post. If you're wanting to take your services with you to your new address, you can arrange this all online here

The team are experiencing very high call volumes at the moment but they are working as hard and as quickly as they can to reach you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs