Menu
Tim586
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to contact Virgin Media by any means

I have been attempting to contact Virgin Media for almost two weeks without success.  We are moving to a location that isn’t serviced be Virgin and need to cancel our service.  I have tried phoning (unable to reach the Disconnections team, or simply informed that all operators are busy and to call back again later), the Virgin website (just get directed to the message bot or the (overloaded) phone number) and the message bot system or several occasions (work through the automated message screens, provide the information and informed that someone will call, but it could take up to 45 minutes - never received a call).  I’m waiting for the callback again - so far been waiting for an hour and a half.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to contact Virgin Media by any means

Have you tried using the online house move webform?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tim586
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That was my first point of contact.  I’ve been through 5 sessions with the message bot taking my details and promising me a call from their service team already (I’m waiting for the call back from the latest go round at the moment).  Add in 15 attempted calls to their customer service line.

0 Kudos
Tim586
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mind you, the automated emails informing me that I’ve earned badges for signing up to the community and posting my first reply are a great comfort....

0 Kudos
Tim586
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Latest attempt.  More than a dozen attempts to get through on the phone.  Finally got through and put on hold for about 40 minutes.  Finally spoke to a human who was helpful, but had to transfer me to another department.  Back on hold for another 20 minutes listening to Virgin adverts.  Then it shifted to a ringtone for a couple of minutes before disconnecting me - again.  Third time through this routine.  Back to the start again - now on hold once again.  This is a farce.

By the way - I’m getting very sick of your four song “on hold” music loop....

Jack_Pott
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good luck!

I had a similar experience yesterday. Was holding on the phone for almost two hours. Finally the phone cut me off. I've now got to go through the process all over again. Very annoying to say the least.

0 Kudos
aries18pk
Settling in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have same issue and I want to leave because this pathetic service. Seems all their contact centre staff got covid and in isolation.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I am sorry you wish to leave us, 

Calling us would be quickest on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or you can text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team. 

Alternatively, you can write to us at this address; Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Lweezy92
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What number did you use to get in contact with a human? 

I keep getting the automated line

0 Kudos