Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to change package online

My account is outwith the initial 12 month contract and when I look at upgrades or change my package I get an error stating it cant be changed online.

Spent 5 hours so far trying to get through on the phone. This is ridiculous why cant I do this online? I want to upgrade my broadband speed and remove TV.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to change package online

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in a similar situation having been with Virgin/NTL/C&W for over 20 years. With my wife working from home and my university student daughter also now home and catching up with seminars online, I'd like to increase our broadband to the M200 package but get the message "

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online."

I guess it's because we're on a legacy package so we can't change online. I appreciate that the call centres are currently at limited capacity and would happily upgrade online if I could but the chat just cuts off and I can't get through to the call centre so I'm not really sure what else I can do. I'd happily switch to one of the new packages so I can self-manage in the future (for the right price 😁).

Thanks, Colin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI TopLad, can you confirm if this is happening on all browsers and if anything changes when the cache and cookies have been cleared? -Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris.

This happens on IE and Chrome, desktop and mobile. I've cleared the caches but still no joy. To be honest, I've never been able to change anything online...I think my account is some sort of legacy hybrid one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you give us a call on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1 4 5 or text us on 
07533 051 809 - Chris 

0 Kudos