Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to change package for a week

My current contract & package has run out and I am completely unable to change to a  different one. All attempts to do this online have failed. No phone, no email, no chat (chatbot just goes around in loops, no online capability in account management (which just errors). Yet my bill has gone up and I cannot do anything about it. Forget Covid-19, I expect that your IT systems cannot catch this virus yet they seem to be unable to function as expected.

Is there anyone out there who can help??

Virgin Media Error.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to change package for a week

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. Tried that but with no joy. I wonder how quickly I would get a reply if I just cancelled my DD. Their systems seem perfectly capable of increasing the monthly bill amount. Also being in the IT industry for longer than I care to remember, there are things that should not have fallen apart the way they have. I have sympathy for the people but little else.

I'll wait to see what if anything VM have to say which I dont expect will be here but in the past have had a DM form Virgin to resolve. So this is my last resort.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi There, I tried the advice given re.texting the number given to you.I received about four messages all with the same advice and telling you to visit the website / "change package"  but all you can do is UPGRADE and pay even more. Sheer waste of space. Cancel your direct debit and see what their reaction is.  I,m going to visit Sky or BT.   Best of luck mate. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I cant even go for a higher package. That is the level of stupidity of their system. Cant believe that they are dishing out the advice they are. I think it is designed to frustrate people into not contacting them, or hanging themselves out of sheer frustration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi baraysahib, can you confirm if you are getting the same issue on multiple browsers? ^Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Multiple browsers, (tried Edge, Firefox) and also on my "My Virgin Media" App on Android. Same issue. Cannot change package with the same error message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you try a different device to see if it still happens? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried on a Windows 10 laptop using Chrome and IE - Same result

Tried on a Windows 10 desktop using Edge and Firefox - Same result

Tried on another Android phone using Chrome (not the My Virgin Media App) - Exact same result

0 Kudos