Menu
michio123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to change my package online

So recently I decided to compare broadband deals online just to see what prices/speeds different providers offer as I've been with virgin for years now and my price is only going up every few months and I'm not getting anything out of it. I found some decent deals online from different providers such as TalkTalk or Vodafone, I also found some really good deals from Virgin Media itself, most of them are Black Firday deals for NEW CUSTOMERS only. I'm not a new customer but someone told me thereshould be some kind of loyalty deals for existing customers so I decided to go online and see if I can change my package online - it gave me the option for it but when I clicked it, it came up with the message saying my package cannot be changed online, fair enough. I decided to ring them up, I spent good few hours on the phone but no luck, didn't get to speak to anyone as usual. I'm not really happy with the price that I'm paying for my broadband - especially now when my Wi-FI is always playing up and download speeds can vary from 40mb to 170mb at times when my package speed is 200mb/s. I've been advised to upgrade my SuperHub2 to SuperHub3 on the virgin app/online but I was also unable to do it as it came up with the same message saying that it cannot be changed online. Is there any other way of cancelling/changing my contract than doing it over the phone? It was my only day off this week and as I said, I spent good few hours on the phone trying to get through to someone (as I can't ask anyone else to do it for me as they obviously want to speak to the account holder) and it just didn't happen.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to change my package online

Hi michio123,

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It's not instant, VM try to respond within 4 hours, but it may take a few days

Otherwise I'm afraid it's back to the phones again, 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or mid afternoon/tea time.  The lines are open 7 days a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos