Menu
katmog
Joining in
Message 1 of 1
Flag for a moderator

Unable to change Virgin Media account username

I recently moved out of my old address, and my flatmate agreed to take over the contract.

We submitted an account transfer form, and the process seems to have gotten stuck.

I received an email saying the transfer was complete, but I then received a bill after this. I contacted my old flatmate and he said he could not log into the account, the confirm new username email sends him to an error page, "Sorry, we can't confirm your username".
However, I can still log into my account even though customer support have assured me via the phone that my account is closed. I've even resent the account username request change to him via the My Profile page on the website, and this produces the same error.

We've tried multiple browsers as well as different machines.

We've called the help line multiple times and they have no idea what to do, don't seem to believe that it doesn't work and have accused him of trying to hack my account. They told me my email should not be linked to anything at all, and I do not have an active account under my email address, when I clearly still do. 

Please help.

0 Kudos