cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel tv and broadband

avenger
Joining in

I'm at my wits end to the point I'm close to tears. I've tried cancelling my services on the online chat, been on there a total of over 6 hours, since Monday 6th Feb. They have all the information about me but need an extra password confirming which I can't remember. They then closed the chat so not to deal with me anymore.  The thing is I've got tv,email,broadband,phone,mobile, mortgage, bank and credit card that I'm going to now cancel everyone of them. I don't know if I should just cancel the DD for the TV and broadband?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @avenger 

The telephone password is the memorable word from when your account was first set up.

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update it by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

I wouldn't advise cancelling  the DD for the TV and broadband as that won't close the account. You will just keep getting billed (including late payment charges) and then the outstanding balance would be sold to a debt collecting agency.

The VM email will be cancelled 90 days after yuo leave VM, so if yuo do cancel then you do need to set up an email service elsewhere and make sure you inform anyone/ companies of your new email address.

VM are a separate company and not connected to Virgin Money that deal with your mortgage, bank and credit card (Richard Branson isn't affiliated with either although both companies pay him handsomely for using the Virgin brand name)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @avenger,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and we're really sorry to hear that you've had some issues getting through to our team to process your cancellation.

You can read more about our process on our cancellation page. However, we understand that you've had some issues getting through to our team, so we'll do all we can to assist.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs