Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to cancel my contract as no-one answers the phone!!

I am moving house in 4 weeks time. I do not want to take Virgin Media services with me.

I have tried to contact customer services 4 times the week - 3 times I was on hold more than an hour and the 4th call, once I have been on hold 42 minutes, the call is hung up on me. I simply do not have time to wait around on the phone for hours.

VM are very happy to let customers upgrade or join online but they do not want to make it easy for us to cancel when we want to. Completely understand resources have been impacted by Covid-19 but, surely, then it makes sense to allow customers the choice to cancel online.

I am at my wits end. I am moving house and will have no access to my Virgin Media services but I am unable to cancel and so will be charged for services I no longer require. I have tried to use the Live Chat facility - four times - giving all of my details and the reason for my contact, however, it takes them 12 hours to respond and I (or anyone else I imagine) cannot sit around waiting for a response when I have to go to work etc! This concludes with the agent terminating the chat and me having to start the whole process again.

I have submitted a complaint and been told it takes 28 days for a response. I just don't know what to do next - this situation is a complete joke! Am I able to contact an independent organisation to escalate this? I do not understand how I am able to exercise my legal right as a customer to cancel my contract when it is virtually impossible to speak to anyone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to cancel my contract as no-one answers the phone!!

Hi joshecc

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the hold times, we're busier than normal but do endeavour to answer all calls/chats asap.

We can't process cancellations via the forums however, please call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 options 1 and 4. Alternatively, please send us a text on 07533051809 and we can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos