Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to cancel my cinema package?

I have been trying to call as cannot do it online - can seemingly upgrade or add on easily (funny that) Phone is useless just hang on for hours, any tips please on how to cancel the cinema package. In the current situation we need to tighten our belt. This is my first experience of dealing with customer service aspect of Virgin and to say I am extremely disappointed is an under statement. Might just be easier to cancel our whole package and go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to cancel my cinema package?

Due to Quarantine measures many of our call centres have now closed. There is very few staff working and I myself am a Virgin Media technician working from home to try and assist with queries. There is plenty of information to go through on the help page listed below. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus

Please bare with us through these difficult times as we are trying our best to help. You will experience long wait times due to Covid-19.

If I was of any help please consider leaving me some Kudos!

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Reply to Christy_D. I am very unclear how this response is of any use. Has the issue the member raised in this post actually been read? I would suggest not, and a simple 'excuse' message has been posted. As I have also experienced very recently - any method of communication with Virgin Media is next to impossible and whilst I understand that staffing levels may not be anywhere near normal levels [although these levels are far from high enough to provide a reasonable customer service], it is simply not acceptable to be on hold for 1 hour at a time simply to be cut off on multiple occasions and different times of the day. Due to the significant lack of provision to be able to change your package rather than upgrade, customers are forced to telephone to make amendments. This is simply unacceptable and essentially prevents customers from providing the contractual 30 days notice. Consequently I have had to resort to lodging a formal complaint explicitly requesting a downgrade of my package in order that 30 day notice can be given. Not unsurprisingly the 48 hour response has not been met - in fact 9 days and counting.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you chimpster, good to know we are not alone and totally agree the customer service in this current situation or otherwise is totally shocking. Why make it so easy to upgrade or add onto your package but impossible to down grade anything. After several calls yesterday, hanging on for up to 1 1/2 hours we are now looking to cancel and manage with what we have.

0 Kudos