cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate my Virgin Media Account with ntlworld.com email

KPop_Queen
Joining in

I’m trying to register for a My Virgin media account, when I registered for my own broadband service for my new house, I used my @ntlworld email to sign up which was set up on my dad’s account when the family first got broadband over 20 years ago.

When I try and register for the my Virgin Media account and put in my own account number and area code the login says “we have found you” but when I log in with the @ntlworld e-mail address it states that I am unable to log into my account with an ntlworld.com email address.

I spoke to one of the support team who said they'd call me back but this never happened.

So at the moment I’m stuck and unable to access or create an account so I can register my broadband service, which is crazy because all the paperwork came through with my details on but none of it works.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KPop_Queen, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with registering an account for My Virgin Media. 

If the email address is connected to another Virgin Media account then you won't be able to use this to register or log in to your My VM account. Instead you would need to use a different, non VM email address. 

Can you try registering using another email address and let us know if you continue to face problems. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F

Thank you for your response - sorry it's taken me so long to get back - I have tried to change the email address but VirginMedia states that my ntlworld.com email address is logged to my account and I cannot log in to change this. I have registered for a gmail address.

Best wishes

KPop_Queen

Thanks for the reply @KPop_Queen on the forums. 👋🏼

No problem with that, let us know how you get along and if everything works out fine.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs