Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Cancel services with VM

Hi all,

I hope you are all well and healthy!

My issue is that I have been unable to use the moving home service & since giving up on that, to cancel my VM services.

I have called Customer Services multiple times in the last month, the first time I was advised I would need to wait 1 hour, but was then not connected because I was asked for a security password, which is supposedly different from my online account password (I have no recollection of ever setting this up). The second (to move services) and third time (to cancel services) I was advised the call centre was closed and instead use the Live Chat on the help page.

Again, I have tried using the live chat to speak to a services rep multiple times. Each time, when I check back after 5 mins, my messages are gone and no sign of a response, nor has anyone tried to get back in contact with me to fix this issue.

I’m at the end of my tether going round in circles, and using this community board is my last attempt to resolve this amicably. The customer service from Virgin Media, has been continuously appalling, preventing customers from being able to cancel their services is criminal...

I’ve now been sent a new bill today, which will be paid by direct debit in 14 days. I am unprepared to pay this, as I haven’t been able to use my service and have made every effort to move/cancel my service with 30 days notice. If this issue is not resolved in the next couple of days, I will seek legal advice about cancelling my direct debit. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Cancel services with VM

Having tried the last couple of days to cancel a service, you have 3 options.

!)  use the text back service - number is 07533 051809

2) call 150 from virgin phone line and choose "thinking of leaving"

3) use web chat on website.

I tried all 3 today and options 1 and 2 yesterday.

eventually got through on the phone today about 4 pm within about 20 mins, having been in the queue for the text service for 6hrs.

The whole system is a bit hit and miss, probably due to demand, so I would recommend putting the phone on speaker and dialling in as at least then you can do other things.

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you have still been unable to get through on the phones or Live Chat on the Web site then you can send texts to this number 07533 051809 with details of the issue. Might take a while for a response but might be quicker than the other options.

But you need a customer services representative as they have billing access permissions to make amendments to customer accounts.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all.

(I'm a field based engineer currently working whilst in isolation. I don't have access to customer billing systems and my advice is based on 27 years field experience, thanks)..

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Glad you managed to get through on the phone line. Unfortunately, when I tried selecting the thinking of leaving option, I was told the call centre is closed and to use the live chat service. As mentioned previously, I got no reply on the live text service, and also no response in the last week when sending my query as a text to the aforementioned mobile number. I have therefore decided to send a complaint to Virgin Media's postal address, informing them that I am no longer using their service and therefore no longer willing to make further payments to them. 

Thank you to everyone that replied. 

Best regards,

Dominic 

0 Kudos