Menu
DerrickSmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable ro set up online account

Hello

I'm unable to set up an online account - I can get as far as the final page but then I get the message "We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation".

Thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable ro set up online account

Hi DerrickSmith,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some difficulty setting up your online account.

Can I ask what you have tried and on which page or step the error message is showing? Have you previously been a Virgin Media customer, or are you a new customer?

If you have a screenshot of the error message, this would be particularly helpful.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
DerrickSmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I've tried to create an account on multiple browsers (Edge, Chrome, etc). We've been customers with yourselves for many years (although last year, following the death of my father, a new account was set up in my mother's name - and this is the point where I've been unable to set up the new online account.

The error message is always on the final page - after all the required details have been correctly entered I receive the message "We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

DerrickSmith_0-1619253773048.png

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear of the problems experienced setting up your online account, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From what you have advised this sounds like a new account, it can take a few days after installation and activation for all of the information to update and allow registration for the online account. 

Rob

0 Kudos
DerrickSmith
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

This new account (replacing our existing account) was activated last Autumn. There was no installation of new equipment, the change was purely to alter the billing name from my father's name to my mother's.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the additional information, I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos