Menu
Hippolincs
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Un resolved issue with package

• In July last year. I asked for my package to be reduced to save money... It took approximately 4 mths to get thhis actioned and 2 phone calls from a managers however it was agreed the best course of action was too have a phone line installed to reduce my package 

However virgin cancelled the install in December and re made it for Feb the 4th and after some arguing back and forth put a credit on my account so that I didn't have to wait for the reduction because they were making me wait for the install 

I'd like to add I will not be using the phone line at all for in or outgoing calls I am. Having it because. They said it was cheaper. For me to have 

Fast forward to February and my broadband developed a fault and an engineer came out... I mentioned. The phone line to him but he didn't make much of it he fixed my fault. On the day of the phone install I waited and no one showed up and now I've been billed like the phone line never existed and no appointment change sent. 

Ive been at this now since July 2020 

Totally fed up and need this sorting once and for all

And when I try an post the only board it will let me select is "my virgin app" so apologies if this ends up in the wrong place 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rise in bill

Hi again Anne 1966

I do apologise for stepping in on your original post but I do hope the posts that followed were of interest and information to you with the added benefit of keeping you at the top of the subject list.

It is an important subject:  Subject: How a utilities merchant respects and treats the loyalty of their clients.  

Virgin Media are currently featuring a 'Sale' on 18 month Contracts.

I get the feeling that both CEO and Director of Customer Services are busy herding others into the stockade at the expense of the existing herd.

In my case I am almost exactly half way through my Contract and it HAS been bumpy ride.  Even the dog has died.

Thank Goodness I had excellent Virgin Media broadband and have met excellent Forum Team members along the way to enable the coping as the bills escalate.

Oh and a thank-you, sincerely meant, goes to John_GS for his honest minimalist and helpful final reply (it spoke volumes through it's brevity).

So as was once said by Shakespeare:  "Is it to be Accept or Walk?"  THAT is The Question!

Best Regards

DrawnClaws

0 Kudos
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Un resolved issue with package

Hi Hippolincs

You first asked the Forum for help for the understandable reason you were on ssp.  That was on ‎06-09-2020 12:13.  

Since then you have posted several times more (all same problem) but with each "new post" no one sees what has gone before.  I fully appreciate just how raw and angry you must be feeling and that does not help resolve.

When I sign in and look at "My Virgin Media" I see:

2021 02 15 My Services.png

If you see something similar then you do have the ability to plug a phone into the back of your router.  

For free you can dial 150 to get help.

I can see you are someone who replies to posts like this.  I am not on everyday but am quite willing to start a discussion to resolve your situation.

With best regards

DrawnClaws

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post @Hippolincs 

Are you able to confirm if you are still having the issues with your landline? 

Has it been installed as of yet? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Hippolincs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

It has not been installed and I have been billed as if I haven't. Had it added to my package as before 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Hippolincs.

Does it show that you're subscribed to landline services with us via your My Virgin Media account here?

If you're landline service is showing as subscribed, do let us know and we'll look into this further for you and find out why it's not working. It if has been set up recently, it's likely that you'll be set up for VoIP connection, meaning that your landline will be plugged into the back of your hub rather than the wall socket.

If your landline service isn't showing, you would need to please text us on 0753 305 1809 or call us on 0345 454 1111 and our team will get this added on for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Hippolincs
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No it's not showing... And. My package is not reflecting the price I should be. Paying with it

This has gone on for months 

I'm sick. Of it

Sort. It or I'm. Going to the ombudsmen 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that this isn't reflecting on your account @Hippolincs

We are unable to arrange any account or package changes from the forums, please could you call into the team on 0345 454 1111 or via text on 0753 305 1809 and we can get this looked into further and make the correct arrangements for your telephone line to be installed.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Hippolincs
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've. Been ringing. Since July 

On Hold for an hour sometimes an hour and a half at a time. I shouldn't have to keep doing this to rectify mistakes that are not mine 

I suggest this is passed to a manager and theyy should ring me

I was encouraged to take the phone line to reduce my package and yet my bills are more because of the mistakes 

From having the line in I start a new contract so I am assuming as u haven't done it I am free to leave my contract 

This is ridiculous now 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Hippolincs,

As you are expressing dissatisfaction, I will send you a PM.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos