Menu
Highlighted
BatletUK
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph upgrading with 2 existing sims.Can you?

My last post came off as just moaning, so a simple and direct question this time:

Is it possible to upgrade to Ultimate Oomph if you already have 2 Virgin media sims? 

The Agent on the phone says yes, but as in my other post it gets transferred by the agent to another department who simply don't answer the phone. This has happened 3 times now.

In case it matters, both sims are sim only on a rolling contract. 

Edit: I would be looking at whatever option leaves us with 2 sims. Don't need a third sim.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate Oomph upgrading with 2 existing sims.Can you?

Yes you can do it, but only one of the SIMs would become part of the Oomph bundle.

The other SIM would still be billed separately.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
BatletUK
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for confirming and I would be quite happy for them to do that.

Clearly there must be another problem going on with our account then as to why they can't seem to manage to get it done. Might be nice if they said what it was.

0 Kudos
Yorkie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

when I upgraded to the Oomph bundle I was told that I would be able to transfer my mobile account over to the new one, this was not true. On contacting the mobile people I was told I would have to cancel my existing mobile account with them (30 days notice required), if I didn't do this then I would have 2 mobile accounts running at the same time. I could not even port my old number over to the new mobile account (Oomph bundle).

So unless it changed in the meantime I would say you would need to cancel one of your existing mobile accounts, unless you need 3 accounts of course.  

BatletUK
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the number porting to a new sim was where it was going wrong for us.   I have just phoned retentions, and agreed the Ultimate Oopmh package with a new sim so we now have (or will have) 3 sims. When the new one is activated I'll just STAC one of the existing ones.

I I know I could PAC it to a different provider and back again, but I'm not that attached to the phone number Smiley Happy  

Even with 3 sims, it's still cheaper than we are currently paying ...

0 Kudos