cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Oomph prices not consistent

D-T
On our wavelength

VM seem to be making it almost impossible to upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph bundle at a reasonable price.

Yesterday I was on a web chat with the Retention Team who offered me the bundle at £101/month. For new customers the price is £89/month. The excuse given is that £89/month is what they offer to get new customers. From this I can only assume that they don't care about retention of loyal customers.

I then phoned today  only to be offered the exact same package at £121/month (ie an extra £384 per year for being a loyal customer!!). I said that this was £10/month more than I was offered yesterday & was told to go back onto chat & get the offer.

So I went back onto chat, only to be told to phone 150!!!! After saying that I had already done this  I was told, ok we'll transfer you back to the Retention team.

At this point I got a message saying the Retention team don't operate after 6pm so to try again in the morning!!! I had been transferred to a closed department. 

At this point I'm wondering....

Do VM care about customers that aren't new?

Why are there so many prices for exactly the same package?

Why is everyone I talk/chat to giving me a different price?

Will it ever be possible to get the package I want at a reasonable price?

Any help would be appreciated

10 REPLIES 10

D-T
On our wavelength

Update........

Thanks to everyone for the advice on what to do.

In the end I went with the tactic of asking for the best deal for the package each day, until I got a price I was happy with.

I'm within £5 of the previously lowest deal & am getting it all installed on Wednesday. 

Hopefully, thanks to all your help, I'll be better prepared next time 🙂

All the best