Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

URGENT: Password for Virgin media suddenly rejected. Account required for shielding.

My Password for virgin media has suddenly been rejected. I can NOT log into my virgin media, I have NO access to email or my account details. 

When I try to reset password, it is saying my security questions are incorrect. 

Help needed Urgently as I rely on this email address to confirm my online groceries as I am currently Shielding for 12 weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT: Password for Virgin media suddenly rejected. Account required for shielding.

Hi jetfire69,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear this. I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT: Password for Virgin media suddenly rejected. Account required for shielding.

Hi, still not had a reply for this yes and Im still locked out of emails and my virfin media account. Its now been 48 hours since this started. Your text service is dire, the operative waited all of 3 minutes for me to type a message back then by the time I had finished - he was gone. Still waiting for a reply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

URGENT: 2nd Time I've tried to contact you!!!! Customer shielding - no access to VM account

This is now the 2nd time I've tried to contact you. I currently have NO access to my VM account which includes emails and online bills etc. I've tried several times to contact you on both this forum and via the text service which is, to be fair appalling. I text messaged VM on Tuesday, got a reply on Wednesday asking what the issue was. The operator waited all of 3 minutes during which time I was composing my message, then basically disconnected me!!!! I'm still waiting for a reply.

Your forum system isnt much better. I posted this on Tuesday, got a direct message from one of your team on Wednesday morning which I have now replied to 3 times - no response.

I am currently shielding as I'm an extremely high risk customer. I rely on my emails to confirm groceries and medicine deliveries etc and for some reason, virgin media isn't taking this seriously or professionally. I can not access my emails, this means I can not see my invoices, bills, grocery or medicine orders or any government correspondence at all. I can not reset any passwords for other services (netflix/online shopping etc) as I can not access my emails for the reset links.

Please start taking this seriously as I am getting worried and desperate now, something I don't need at this time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

URGENT: 2nd Time I've tried to contact you!!!! Customer shielding - no access to VM account

This is now the 2nd time I've tried to contact you. I currently have NO access to my VM account which includes emails and online bills etc. I've tried several times to contact you on both this forum and via the text service which is, to be fair appalling. I text messaged VM on Tuesday, got a reply on Wednesday asking what the issue was. The operator waited all of 3 minutes during which time I was composing my message, then basically disconnected me!!!! I'm still waiting for a reply.

Your forum system isnt much better. I posted this on Tuesday, got a direct message from one of your team on Wednesday morning which I have now replied to 3 times - no response.

I am currently shielding as I'm an extremely high risk customer. I rely on my emails to confirm groceries and medicine deliveries etc and for some reason, virgin media isn't taking this seriously or professionally. I can not access my emails, this means I can not see my invoices, bills, grocery or medicine orders or any government correspondence at all. I can not reset any passwords for other services (netflix/online shopping etc) as I can not access my emails for the reset links.

Please start taking this seriously as I am getting worried and desperate now, something I don't need at this time.

Also, just to be clear, this is across all of my devices and not limited to a browser. I can not even reset my password using my account number as it doesn't recognise it as being valid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT: 2nd Time I've tried to contact you!!!! Customer shielding - no access to VM account

@jetfire69 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

@ModTeam Please can you get someone to contact this customer ASAP as it appears they have been ignored by your colleague @Martin_N.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT: 2nd Time I've tried to contact you!!!! Customer shielding - no access to VM account

Hello jetfire69

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, We are a bit busier than normal at the moment. 

I have checked your Private Message located your account 

If you can check your private message again now 

I have sent the details required to allow you to sign in and access your emails

Gareth_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for flagging this to the mod team.

I have to admit, I don't really know what I'm doing here. I was directed here by VM staff on facebook to get help as they couldn't provide any. The text service for me was also useless. Not one person from VM has said that any of this will be fed back for improvements. I guess this is why VM has a bad rep for customer service. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Great news Jetfire69 to know it worked for you. 

Looking on the account its just advised a technical hitch had occurred and nothing else

If it happens again, pop back on here and we can help out 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@jetfire69 wrote:

Thankyou for flagging this to the mod team.

I have to admit, I don't really know what I'm doing here. I was directed here by VM staff on facebook to get help as they couldn't provide any. The text service for me was also useless. Not one person from VM has said that any of this will be fed back for improvements. I guess this is why VM has a bad rep for customer service. 

Happy to help and sorry that it took a while to get a response and that it required my interjection, this is not normal, but there are not normal times unfortunately.

I will feedback about your experience with the text system as it is a relatively new system and hopefully feedback will help improve it.  I can't and won't try to defend VM's customer service reputation. However I will say that my experience of the forum team and the support they provide is predominantly positive.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos