Menu
rodrigo-cl
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

URGENT - Mistake in Credit Report from Virgin Media affecting mortgage. URGENT

Hi, 

I urgently need to get hold of the credit amendment team, as an incorrect default on my credit report is preventing me from getting a mortgage, and I am in the process of buying a flat. I have solicitors and surveys already paid for. I may lose the flat for this mistake. 

I moved out of a rented flat in August 2019 having paid all of my monthly bills with Virgin Media. 

An additional charge for 40 GBP for a broadband router was added to a bill on September 18th 2019, which I paid in time on October 9th 2019. 

My credit report is showing I defaulted on a 40 GBP payment with Virgin Media in the period March 2019 - September 2019 which is certainly incorrect. The fact that I received no notification that my account was in arrears is also unacceptable.

I need this to be updated urgently. I have emailed the credit file amendment team but the automatic response was that there is 21 day waiting time. This will not be sufficient as I will not be able to make the mortgage deadline and, as a consequence, default on my own obligations.  There is no way to call them on the phone, which is simply unacceptable.

I hope you understand how important and urgent this is and will amend this situation asap.

Thank you

Rodrigo 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT - Mistake in Credit Report from Virgin Media affecting mortgage. URGENT

@rodrigo-cl wrote:

I need this to be updated urgently. I have emailed the credit file amendment team but the automatic response was that there is 21 day waiting time. This will not be sufficient as I will not be able to make the mortgage deadline and, as a consequence, default on my own obligations.  There is no way to call them on the phone, which is simply unacceptable.

I don't think you're going to like being told this, but whether you consider the credit team's turnaround time as acceptable or sufficient, is largely immaterial.

That's the recognised & defined process, and I'm afraid you will need to wait for that to run its course. There is an outside chance the forum team may be able to give it an internal "nudge", but I have some doubts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT - Mistake in Credit Report from Virgin Media affecting mortgage. URGENT

Hi @rodrigo-cl

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding a default on your credit report. I am so sorry to hear of the stress this is causing you and the impact this is having on buying a flat.

Can you please confirm for me if you have been advised that this was an error from our team yet?

If our Credit File Amendments team have confirmed this is an error, I will email them and request for this to be fast tracked due to potential mortgage rejection. Please let me know if the error has been confirmed by us. Just so you know, please be aware that it may be the credit file agency who also work within the 21 day time frame.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
rodrigo-cl
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Serena,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my message.

I have talked on the phone with the Virgin Media Customer Service. They have sent a Zero Balance Confirmation. They advised me to contact the Credit File Amendments team, as this is the only team able to assess and fix credit records.  

It is not possible for me to confirm with you that the Credit File Amendments team has confirmed this is a mistake, as no one has replied to any of our messages to them and it is not possible to contact them on the phone. You have to wait for up to 21 days for them to reply to your first message. They have an automated reply:  

"Hi, Thank you for contacting the Credit File reporting team.

This is an automated response to confirm receipt of your email; it has been allocated to our team to investigate.

We will get back to you within the next 21 days

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

"

We are absolutely helpless at the moment for an error we didn't make. Our dream of owning our own house is being shattered with no explanation.

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @rodrigo-cl

Thanks for getting back to me with this.

I'd like to take a look at your old account and see what we can do to speed things up here. I am going to send you a private message for the details, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner.

Thanks,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Rodrigo,

I've taken a look at your old account and can see that you paid it straight away.

So I have emailed the manager of our Credit File team with this information as a matter of urgency to update your credit file and remove the default as soon as possible as you have applied for a mortgage.

I will let you know as soon as I hear a response from the manager, hopefully we can get this sorted out for you very soon.

Thanks for your patience and apologies again for the stress this default has been causing you,

Serena

rodrigo-cl
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Serena. We really appreciate your help with this issue.

This has been a terrible experience. I hope the credit amendment team gets this fixed soon. 

I will keep you posted if there are any news.

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for your patience, I have just received an email saying that your Credit File Default has been amended and that you have been sent an email.

Please can you check your email / your spam (just in case!) and let me know that you have received the confirmation of the Credit File Amendment.

Thanks!

Serena

0 Kudos