Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

URGENT CREDIT FILE AMMENDMENT

I have a default wrongly registered in my name, the tenants responsible for the bill have now paid it.

I have tried to e-mail the payment confirmation number to creditfileammendments@virginmedia.co.uk and also customerunderwritingservice@virginmedia.co.uk however all of the e-mails are being returned as not delivered...

Can somebody please advise how I can send confirmation of the payment and get Equifax updated to reflect the correct situation.

Many Thanks

Frustrated!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT CREDIT FILE AMMENDMENT

Hi Frustrated69,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your credit file issue looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. When did you send the first email to the credit file amendments team? Also, can I just confirm this is for media services? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frustrated69,

Sorry to see the issues you are having.

I think the emails are being returned due to a typo. There isn't a double M in amendments  

The email address should be creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Megan,

I have sent two e-mails to the credit file amendments team, the first one was on 19th November and the second one was on 23rd November.

They have also been contacted by Equifax on Thursday 19th November. Still no response!

Despite the debt being incorrectly registered on my credit file, and having now been paid by the person responsible for the payment of the service, they do not seem in a hurry to remove the default.

The attitude seems to be , Thanks we now have our payment, so you can wait!

As I confirmed in my recent e-mail it is my intention to contact Ofcom with regard to this matter.

I would therefore appreciate any help that can give me.

Now a VERY Frustrated69

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you are not getting anywhere.

I can take a look into this for you and I will pop you over a message keep an eye out for th purple envelope 🙂

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT CREDIT FILE AMENDMENT

It is now over a week since the Amendment was requested STILL NO REPLY !!!, however Virgin Media are still advertising on the TV or new customers, WHAT A JOKE, THEY CAN'T EVEN LOOK AFTER THIER EXISTING CUSTOMERS!!!

WHY HAS MY REQUEST FOR AN AMENDMENT NOT BEEN ACTIONED??!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i thought companies had upto 28 days to it and that time period was set in stone. others will confirm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes that is correct companies do have up to 28 days to resolve this, it is set in stone.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning, sorry to tell you that you are incorrect.... Equifax have confirmed that it is  21 calendar days maximum for Virgin Media to reply...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

so why did it go on your credit file?
Is the account in your name?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos