cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to renegotiate a new deal but nobody responded once transferred

Solstice18
Joining in

Spent 30 mins trying to get a better deal on my very basic package but only offered a £4 a month reduction. Haven’t used a landline for several years as hearing disability so paying for a service that’s obsolete to me! Transferred to Customer Relations where the message blames the social distancing due to the pandemic for lack of staff available to talk to me. Then says unless I’m vulnerable and my query is urgent don’t ring in. Oh but they will respond to my query but don’t then tell you what to do? Close the chat? Stay connected? How am I supposed to get this sorted because if they can’t reduce my bill by a lot more than £4 then I will cancel and go to a company who won’t charge me the earth 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a few things in here.. firstly you've mentioned "a very basic package" but that could mean different things to different people - and without knowing what your package price is, £4/month discount doesn't really mean much.

Second.. landline phone. You might think you're paying for this, but the opposite could easily be true - this service attracts quite heavy bundle discounting, such that a package without a phone often costs more than the same one with a landline. Just something to bear in mind.

The chat-based methods of contacting VM aren't designed to be real-time, and it can sometimes be (ultimately) quicker to call in and speak to an agent. Package changes can't be dealt with via this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Solstice18,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues trying to renegotiate a new deal with ourselves. 

How have you tried to contact us to look into this? Have you used our WhatsApp service to speak to the team?

As @japitts advised, unfortunately,  we cannot look into new packages or change them over the forums.

Regards,

Steven_L