Menu
nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trying to move, after over 1 1/2 hours on hold now want to leave please.

I have just paid up on my account and want to cancel as I am out of contract.

I tried ringing see attached pictures, I tried chat, see attached pictures.

I was going to take my services to my new address but having wasted hours of my time just to speak to someone ........... strange how Virgin Media can find staff to ring me and offer me a "new deal to save me money", but they cannot manage to pick up the phone for anything else.

Ok rant over. Please advise best way to cancel (cast iron) and let me find a supplier who picks up the phone. 

Also (Virgin read this...) the twaddle about difficulties with call volume is just that. You know the volume of calls your going to get, it's not rocket science!

Chat.jpgScreenshot_20210628-201108_Call (1).jpg

0 Kudos
nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to move, after over 1 1/2 hours on hold now want to leave please.

5etolq.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried using the online home-moving facility at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home ?

I've not had cause to use it, so not sure if it's an entirely online proess or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Tried that, it asks to connect you to a chatbot, which again, leads to another 1 1/2 hours wasted.

Finally got through to Virgin and cancelled my contract, I am annoyed at how hard they make it to do anything by chat or phone, but still employ people on a pittance to pester me selling the same cable service !.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nig451964,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you struggled to speak to us in regards to moving and have now decided to leave due to this.

When you are moving out it is our movers team who deal with this you can find out more around our Movers team here.

Apologies again for your experience in this, good luck with your move.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So that's it is it?

Ring with your company for over 9 years and in that time probably spent somewhere in the region of £8,000 and all I get at the end is a generic comment...

You could have looked into it you could have offered more instead just a fob off and goodbye ok then.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

nig451964

I appreciate totally where you are coming from however we aren't able to change anything this end when it comes to moving it is only our Movers team who can do this, if you wish to change your mind and take the services I can only advise to speak to our customer relations team again.

Apologies again for the experience and that we weren't able to get this resolved quicker and save you as a valued customer.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Who do you think I was holding for? It was the moving team! 

Now just an idea but instead of platitudes why not throw me a bone and try to help???

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would love to help you however we aren't Movers agents and do not have the ability to sort this out for you, please either call them again or alternatively you can text Moving to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will aim to respond within 24 Hours and will be able to help further.

Regards

Paul.   

0 Kudos