cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to leave

leachdarren1
Just joined

Hi.

I have been with Virgin media for a week now and for the last 4 days I have called 6 times each time told I will get a call back after spending an hour on each call.

We have sold a lie by the sales man who came to my house to sell us on the Virgin media dream.

We recently had the new super fast wifi lines installed so we were naturally interested seeing as though both me and my wife work from home and have kids who are always on streaming services.

I went online first to see what Virgin had to offer and was drawn to the top package offering all sports, 1g wifi, all channels, an O2 unlimited sim and even a £200 gift voucher.

But the sales man came by (Vaz) and said he could get us better deals. So we went with the Volt one we like the look of.

We are with BT until march23 but He said as we were ‘lightning customers’ so they would buy us out of our contract. Someone will call you straight away (next few days). I asked about the £200 gift voucher to which he said yeah I will sort that for you no problem. So we signed….

Then nothing. No email no contract no call. So I called and they set up an install date for me. I couldn’t login online and still can’t mind.

They came and installed.  Little did we know they hardwire all boxes. So we have cables running around our house which I am not happy with. Then we noticed we still had BT line angling the side of Virgin. So i ask the installation engineer who said we never swap lines.

So came my first call to Virgin customer services. Where we find out that we were sold a load of lies. We can’t get out of BT, we can’t get the gift voucher and we were offered £41 to cover the months BT bill while we leave and £25 for my troubles.

I then called BT to cancel out contract to be told we need to pay £240 to leave.

Then came my second call to customer services. This is where after going through all above with a new agent I was told I will get a call within 48hrs from a manager to see what can be done.

Three days later I call back and speak to another representative to ask where my call was? To be told there is nothing on my account to show my conversation.

So we go over it all again to be told the complaints has been raised again and 48hr I will get a manager call to discuss.

Today was the 3rd day again with nothing so I call again to be told there is nothing they can offer me.

So that’s fine. I am within my 2week cooling off time so I can leave. So they say they need to put me through to the leaving department.

An hour later and Goerge Ezra gone round god knows how many times I give up and recall customer services again where they try to put me through again.

25 more George Ezra mins and someone answers and say there is a technical issue his end and can he call me back straight away and read out my number.

Nothing for an hour…….

So I start a watt app dialogue with another customer service person and go over all above again. He then says he understands and will put me through to a leaving rep on watt app.

I waited over 4 hours till 9pm when they knock off. Nothing.

I cannot express how bad this service is. I am sure they are trying to get me to past my 2 week so I have to give longer notice. But this cannot happen.

Someone needs to sort this. I will be emailing this to lawyers, news, offcom, trip advisor, social media and anyone who can listen. It’s a joke quite frankly.

I never been treated so bad as a new customer.

All they had to do was help me out of BT and we were good. I like their services and wifi.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
These are your leaving during "cooling off" options.

1. If a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form. Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

2) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore
"TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001

3. Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by fast delivery guaranteed - registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

---------------------

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @leachdarren1, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had a poor sales and customer services experience.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

this was flagged by one of the VM staff mods a few hours ago after one of the VIP's flagged it back to the mods - the plan is that of of the forum staff will urgently look at things - just to be clear mods and staff have different functions - so its in an urgent queue for someone to look at it

obviously not that urgent - imo you will get all sorts of apologies offers to do this or that and very little will happen - lets hope staff prove me wrong

at this moment as you are in the 14 day cooling off period the next step is still in your hands - use registered mail as @jbrennand suggests - get it on record - if by any feat of whatever staff sort it and you get the deal you were offered then they should be able to rescind the 30 day notice

the one thing to do is to do nothing - go past the 14 days and they will lock you in - you will have all sorts of ways out but you will have to work via CISAS and as rubbish as VM are they will sort out payments from you - that bit works 100%

Tony.
Sacked VIP