Menu
JollyGreenGiant
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trying to leave VM after contract expiry

Our contract expires on 20 July. We decided to leave VM when we found our price would go up to over £130 a month, and that we could get what we actually need elsewhere for less than half this price.

Naturally, I can't get anybody to answer the phone, and from past experience, you get passed from pillar to post without actually getting what you want anyway.

I decided to send a letter outlining our desire to cancel under section N of the terms and conditions - we did this, timing it so that our 30 days notice would mean the last day of our services would have been the 20 July. I also took the precaution of posting it publicly on Twitter, tagging VM into it so they couldn't deny they hadn't heard from us!

Now, though, we're less than three weeks from the end of contract date, and we haven't had any response confirming our cancellation. I had a response on Twitter saying someone would be in touch once they received the letter - but nothing, even though I know it's been delivered.

We posted to the address given in the Ts and Cs - Virgin Media Sales, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Notts, NG2 3GG.

Our new provider's installation dates are all confirmed based on the expiry of VM services on the 20 July - which we're expecting, as we followed your own rules in the amount of notice needed to cancel.

Please confirm cancellation on the 20 July.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to leave VM after contract expiry

Hi JollyGreenGiant, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post, we cannot cancel your agreement over forums but I can check to see if the disconnection order has been received I will pop you over a private message, keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos