Menu
PurplePixie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trying to get billing help !

I have been trying to get a bill issue sorted out on virgins end (£35 charge that shouldn’t have been charged and a £7.50 late charge due to the hours of trying to contact and eventually did , instead of them removing the wrong charge they changed the Direct debit amount, so therefore they added £7.50 Late fee on the following month on top of the charge (that was supposedly removed due to a mistake by virgin in the 1st place)

I have spent hrs on phone was supposed to have a call back on Friday , still haven’t had one 

tried ringing and was told billings not being dealt with over the phone due to covid

Have been on online chat for over an hour and was chatting to a virgin lady (Alli) and was cut off (presumably by virgin as I didn’t leave or click anything) 

How on earth do I contact them now !? I have tried all avenues and spent over 6hrs of my time and have still got nowhere!

absolutely disgraceful......

Tags (2)
PurplePixie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Billing mistake by Virgin

So I was wrongly charged £35 ‘set up fee’ by virgin in Nov (my old TiVo box died a death probably because it was many years old and i was sent a replacement after being unable to watch tv for nearly 2 weeks)  it took multiple phone calls and messages to sort this issue out or so I thought , the lady on the telephone informed me it was removed from my bill 

I was checking through my bills last Friday and noticed an extortionate bill amount for December! Then noticed that Virgin had still CHARGED ME for the £35 fee that was supposedly waived AND £7.50 LATE FEE on top as I had an outstanding amount remaining on my bill 

i telephoned them immediately and after waiting over an hour I spoke to someone about it and said I also want to make a complaint about this issue, she disappeared and came back to inform me that the manager would ring me back in the next 2 Hours...... it’s now Tuesday evening and I have heard NOTHING whatsoever 

I have NOT had the issue of refunding the money owed to me that should never have been taken let alone charging me for their mistake , I’ve tried telephoning them about this Again ! But apparently their billing department is closed due to Covid 

Far from a happy customer and at the end of my tether with the disgraceful way they treat customers of over 12 years !

0 Kudos
PurplePixie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to get billing help !

Was waiting on online chat again (after Alli kicked me out 

got through to Meena and was booted off AGAIN !!!

Back to Terri bot ....... it’s a joke ! I’d laugh if I could but I find them ripping me off nearly 50quid for their mistake and being unable to resolve a simple issue with their incompetence disgraceful 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing mistake by Virgin

Hi PurplePixie,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums and many apologies for our delayed response.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a poor experience with us recently and that there was a billing issue on your account, I can imagine how frustrating this must have been for you. I can see that you were able to speak with us on the 27th January regarding this, can you please confirm if this has now been sorted?

Let us know if you need help with anything at all.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
PurplePixie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to get billing help !

STILL NOT SORTED!!

Yes spoke to many people at virgin 

2 on the phone after hours of waiting 

3 through text service also hours of waiting 

Yesterday after OVER 4 HOURS of messaging and having to send a screenshot as proof !! Which cost me money 

and was informed EACH TIME I would be refunded for virgins incompetence, repeated apologies yada yada yada 

seriously !!??? You take money you shouldn’t have in NOVEMBER and charge ME A LATE FEE OF £7.50 !!? In December but it’s been 3 MONTHS you’ve owed me money and over 20 hrs of contacting you   and I get NOTHING not even a refund !? 

you should be ashamed of yourself 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
PurplePixie
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for free activation

Good luck !

ive been trying since NOVEMBER 🤯

When I eventually got hold of them (the 3rd time , it’s been nearly 10 times now) all they did was changed my direct debit amount so the following month I got charged a £7.50 Late fee on top so now I’ve been chasing the £42.50 they stole since December! 
best of luck sorting it 

0 Kudos
PurplePixie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill incorrect. Virgin media incompetent, can someone help me?

Good luck on this one !

ive had the same experience since NOVEMBER!

contacted them repeatedly hours at a time and all they managed to do was change my direct debit amount so I got charged a late fee of £7.50 the following month ! Oh but I did manage to get £10 credit as a ‘gesture of goodwill’ which was actually for not being able to watch tv for 2 weeks 

so all in all taken over 20 hours of my time and they have still stolen £42.50 from me and I’m still contacting them repeatedly and Still NOTHING ! 

0 Kudos
PurplePixie
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trying to get money back from virgin

Virgin owes me money from NOVEMBER, I’ve supposedly had this money ‘refunded’ as credit on my bill about 6 times now and still nothing ! Just a kick in the teeth when I actually managed to get through on telephone they changed the direct debit amount rather than the bill amount so had a late charge of £7.50 added to my December bill

so in total now I’ve spent over 20 hrs of my time and 3 months of my life trying to get back money virgin has stolen does this mean I’ve now got 3 months worth of late payment fees £7.50 owed to me on top of the £42.50 ? As it seems you had no issue adding it to my bill for YOUR Incompetence. I could also write up a bill for 20+hrs  minimum wage for how long it’s taken me so far ? 😁 I can dream can’t I !!

Knowing I don’t stand a chance ................ all I want is The money back YOU’VE in effect stolen from me and not refunded!! 

yes I have an open complaint and yes I’ve kept evidence of all contact made .

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to get money back from virgin

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, PurplePixie,

Apologies for the delayed response, have you been able to get this sorted since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos