Menu
lewisp91
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trying to change out of cotract monthly rolling TV/BB/Phone package to BB only

Called. LONG LONG HOLD Support tell me only disconnections can do

Put though to them. They say I have to have an 18-month contract. This is useless as I will be moving soon. But the moving house team can help. 

LONG LONG HOLD. Turns out I am now through to not the moving house team but the multi skilled team. No, you can't downgrade to BB only need to have an 18-month contract. All we can do is save £2.50 PCM by removing the multi-room box.

If you have an 18 months contract and you want to disconnect THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH THIS WILL COST until you sign up to a new package for 18 MONTHS! You then have to use the 2 weeks cooling-off period to ask for a price for disconnection. Surely this isn't leagal. Even if you do move house but VM is not available at the new address there will be the same early disconnection fee. I was offered an additional free Sky Sports worth my existing package for a saving PCM of £6.50.

So if quit now it's 30 days notice and 60 days before I can start as a new customer with a rolling BB contract

Anyone had any success with going to BB only rolling contract?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to change out of cotract monthly rolling TV/BB/Phone package to BB only

Hi lewisp91,

The most you will pay in early cancellation charges is £240  terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-disconnection-fees 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to change out of cotract monthly rolling TV/BB/Phone package to BB only

correct.
If you change your package it will start a new 18 month contract.
If you cancel for any reason while in contract there is an early disconnection fee as agreed in the contract.

if you are moving soon you can stay on your current contract as a rolling 30 day contract
0 Kudos
lewisp91
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

£240 disconnection fee are you having a laugh VM. I am on a rolling contact but just want to reduce to BB only it's incredible that they think or legal to not tell you what the disconnection fee is better you sign up to the tariff. This is being reported to BBC money box and Martin Lewis money saving expert.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its in the contract
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

You know that legal thing you agreed to. I assume you read it right
0 Kudos