cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel

Kieronmcanenay
Joining in

I have decided to join Sky instead as I can't afford the price rises and I've been trying to get hold of virgin none stop for the last 5 hours and I keep staying on hold for about an hour then I just get the phone put down on me without speaking to anyone how am I supposed to do this if no one will speak to me.

5 REPLIES 5

mmj
Superfast

We've been trying to get our package changed since yesterday afternoon, the whole experience is one of either the call cutting out, getting engaged tone suddenly or even if you do manage to speak some they tell you that they can't change your package because the system is down and it's not letting them and you're told to ring back in 2 hours, rinse repeat.

It's not exactly a good advertisement for a telecoms company to be having so much difficulty with their own telecoms is it.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kieronmcanenay, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you've been unable to get through to our customer relations team.  I can confirm (I know it's not ideal sorry) that the advice in the link Andrew-G has provided is correct.  Please ensure if you do put a disconnection request in writing, that the named account holder does include a handwritten signature.

Regards

Lee_R

I managed to get through in the end after 2 days of trying and not being able to speak to a person. I went through an option to speak about a payment being made it's funny how quick they answered the phone when they thought they were going to get some money, I chose to leave them anyway as the customer service was shocking the person I spoke to could barely speak English and was rude and didn't listen to what I was saying, when I finally got through to him that I was leaving I just got k bye and got the phone put down on me, no matter what deal they offer me they would have to pay me to stay with them after the experiences I've had.

Hi Kieronmcanenay

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am very sorry to hear about the struggles you had contacting our team. We're really busy at the moment but working hard to get to all customers as quickly as possible. 

I am sorry to hear that you have decided to leave, we're sorry to be losing you as a customer. 

I appreciate what you have said regarding our deals to stay, however if you do change your mind and would like us to review this please pop me a reply here and I would be happy to look into that for you.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide