forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
TomBoChaz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel

Hi everyone,

My contract is due to end on the 16th Feb and I am switching providers.  My new provider will be porting my landline phone number on the 13th March and their services will start then.

I have phoned Virgin on 150 to get them to cancel my contract from the 14th March and have been told that I cannot cancel my contract until the porting has been completed.

I am trying to give them plenty of notice, I will be outside my contract period, but they won't let me start the process until after the porting.

This, in effect, makes me give them a further months notice and no doubt will have to pay for the service that I wont be using after mid March.

This seems as though they are trying to get extra money out of customers who want to leave. I am within my rights to cancel anytime as long as I give them a months notice and I need to pay anything up to 16th Feb.  I realise all this, so why can't I give them notice now of my intention for the service to end on 14th March?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel

Hi TomBoChaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, to cancel we only require 30 days notice, if you wish to take you number to another company they need to request a port before the disconnection is applied, one the number has gone we can then do a port to full disconnection.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
TomBoChaz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

The company that I am porting to has already applied for the port and I understand that this will happen on the 13th March.

I was advised by a telephone customer account team member that I would not be able to ask for the account to be cancelled until after the porting has been done.

This would mean that the account would be cancelled 1 month after the porting.  My question was whether I could ask for the cancellation 1 month prior to the porting and therefore it would take effect the day following the port.

I was advised on the telephone call that I could not do this and would have to wait until the port had been done before requesting the account to be cancelled.

Are you saying that I can request the cancellation mid February for it to take effect in mid March?

Regards

TomBoChaz

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TomBoChaz,

You can call 1 month before the contract comes to a end, we will note the account and once number has gone then cancel the rset of the services, we cannot add the disconnection on while the port is on the account.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
TomBoChaz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that.  

I will give them a call then.

Regards

TomBoChaz

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hi TomBoChaz,

You are very very welcome, stay safe.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Cols277
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to cancel since 15th Jan, but the chat option is rubbish, don't come back to me for ages, then just keep asking the same questions.  I've tried ringing but nobody answers, I'm just left hanging forever.  I'm just cancelling my DD as I'm sick of trying to get hold of them.  Terrible customer service.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bikerz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
TomBoChaz
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator