Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel

I have been trying to cancel an order for m200 broadband since 9:32am and have had zero response from the messaging service, the cancellation number disconnected after being on hold for 94 minutes.

How on earth am I supposed to cancel?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel

I'm following this thread because I'm in the same boat.

I doubt I'll be returning to this provider ever again. It was bad enough that they failed me at the start of lockdown, and I stupidly accepted a deal to extend until now... jeez.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

Sorry to see you are both having probelms getting through.

There are currently 3 methods you can use to cancel.

1) You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

2) You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

3 ) Write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It shouldn't take days to get a reply from the messaging service, that is completely unacceptable even making alllownces for the current climate, the number you posted was the one i used yesterday and just disconnected after 90+ minutes on hold, again that is unacceptable.

It would seem writing a letter is the only option, this in itself causes issues as it will mean the equipment will arrive and my service will have been activated and I will be expected to pay for that service even though I don't want it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the experience NOS911.

If you follow the options 1, 4 then 4 the cancellations team should be able to put this through.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I actually had a call back this afternoon from the cancellations team, they told me they cannot cancel the order until I sign the contract that was emailed to me but I have never recieved one, the person I spoke to said they could not resend it so I am now stuck with an open order and no way of cancelling.

Really poor system and customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having trying to cancel your order for services with us.

Have the team advised why they cannot send your contract out again? Surely they could do that if they need you to sign the contract to do so.

Have you been able to speak to the team further since you last posted?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I called again on Monday and managed to get the order cancelled, the agent I spoke to on Monday could not understand why I had been told they couldn't resend the contract or why they agent said they couldn't cancel the order, they cancelled it without any issue and I recieved an email confirming the cancellation almost immediately 

0 Kudos