Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel!

• My contract is up on 9th July, I've already been overcharged agreed rate this month before its up. I'm not willing to renew at the cost advertised, but cancellation page doesn't help. Tells you to call. Can't speak to anyone, no resolution to complaint raised last week other than a text this morning. I've replied to the text but there's nobody replying.

I've logged in to my account, read the help pages, which tell you only to contact if you need to (I do, I want to cancel the contract and resolve being already over charged before current contract is up). I've spent hours on call waiting, I've raised a complaint last week. All this well in advance of contract renewal date, but getting nowhere. I got a text this morning re complaint, replied to it but no more contact from virgin via that either... 

There needs to be a way to cancel. I have notified in every way available to me but with no response 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel!

There are three ways to cancel, all of which require you to do it personally. You cannot do it via the Forum.  Any purported cancellation set out here is simply not valid, will be ignored by VM and they will continue to bill you. 

You phone - yes the lines are busy because the call centres are working on reduced capacity still, but they are working and so you have to keep trying. Early in the morning is best - around 8 am when the lines open.

You send a text as described here and wait for a reply. This will put you in touch with the cancellations team:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

You write a letter:

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

That's it. 30 days notice always required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am aware I can't cancel via the Forum, just looking for advice or other people's experience. I have tried the methods stated other than writing a letter, ie phone and text, since last week but haven't managed to speak to anyone despite waiting over an hour twice on the phone, nor get a proper reply via text service as yet. My complaint is also due to my bill amount going up before current contract end, without reason. I didn't think 30 days notice applied if contract is due to end anyway? I had an email from Virgin last week telling me contract due to end, cost of new contract and I'm welcome to shop around? Surely customers can opt out of renewal?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen,

I understand where you are coming from, however you do need to give 30 days notice Cancelling Account 

Other ways to end this agreement

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N.1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of your 30-day notice period.

I know it's frustrating being on the phone, BUT the best to call is at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just an update! I eventually had all my queries resolved and negotiated a deal to renew. It took over a week of attempting contact and various different agents via text, as it kept getting passed on then left for another day etc. However, I was eventually offered a pleasing deal and refunded the over charge within that. Managed to have it all confirmed the day before renewal was due. It just took over a week to get there. It seems pot luck which agent eventually picks it up. I was ready to cancel with one agent based on no resolution, but they passed me on and a day later it was straightforward with the next person who picked it up.

I was clear on what I wanted from my package and what I was willing to pay, and was happy to cancel if it wasn't what I wanted, they eventually resolved previous billing complaint and offered me a decent deal. 

It was frustrating and time consuming, but got there in the end, and happy to have had a resolution and stay with Virgin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your update here @HelenDP - it always helps us an our Community when a poster pops back with how things have gone. 

I do apologise about your experience though; certainly not what we expect at all but glad that you managed to get things sorted and got a great deal that you are happy with. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yayy Helen,

I'm pleased to see the update from you.  Apart from the new contract which you're happy with, it's also great to see that VM also managed to resolve your billing complaint.  Perseverance and patience work wonders. 😀

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos