Menu
Highlighted
Andymccray
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel

How frustrating is it trying to cancel ! I was told they would take my increase off for 6 months. I said NO I’ve found cheaper please cancel. I was told.. “you’ll have to wait 20 minutes on hold then” 

it is ridiculous, I just want to CANCEL. Such poor customer service and an awful way to try and retain a customer. I don’t even want to stay now if you offered me the same price as the other provider. So no point trying to call with hundreds of offers I want to be with a providers who acknowledges my request, who is efficient and helpful.

she said I was on a rolling contract so does that mean if I can’t get hold of them my bill will automatically go up? That is a rip off !!! They can’t be allowed surely ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel

Either wait for the forum team to work through to your post (in a few hours / days) to see how they can help or consider the following options:

• make Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom.
  • Virgin Media's Terms and conditions (under section N, point 1.2) state ending the agreement in writing can be made to the following address:
    Virgin Media Sales Operation Support
    Diamond Plaza
    Daleside Road
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire
    NG2 3GG

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media)  in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel

Hi Andymccray, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

This isn't something we can help with from here I'm afraid. 

I appreciate the wait times when calling can be frustrating, however the retentions team are available between 8am to 8pm. If you can please try them again on 150/ 0345 454 1111 option for media, then option 4.

Alex_Rm