Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel my broadband

I have been trying to cancel my broadband subscription for the past few days, have sent emails, online chat messages and even rang the customer service number and been on hold age's. What is going on?? Really angry for receiving a terrible service and virgin have a cheek to ramp up the prices to extortionate levels. Not at all happy.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to cancel my broadband

Best time to call is 8am on the dot, 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Fed up

Absolutely fed up with customer service, been waiting all day for a reply, from ringing the customer service and being on hold for over a hour then being cut off, from online messages and trying everything under the sun to cancel my broadband service. I never go with virgin again, not after this experience. Dreadful.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up

HI @Anonymous

As I told you earlier today here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Trying-to-cancel-my-broadband/m-p/4595008

I understand your probably just venting frustrations but there is rules against multiple posts on the same subject on here as it delays you and other customers getting responses and can make headache for anybody trying to assist you or others.

Try calling at 8am tomorrow as mentioned and see how you get on, as for the views on the customer service and getting through I totally agree and have cancelled my account 'finally' on the 28th Jan.

Wish you luck tomorrow.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This is terrible, jitterypinger what ever your name is if you work for virgin media, and you see all the complaints that customers make on this site, then I would have thought you would raise this with management and resolve the very lack of customer service. I definitely won't have time to ring at 8am due to having to work as a NHS doctor. Then I have to go through all this again. Its a totally shambles the virgin customer service experience. Never ever again I will go with virgin, and I will pass my experience on to all my friends and family. Virgin is quick enough to take my money and increase prices, but can't deliver a half decent customer service.

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not sure what working as an NHS doctor has to do with anything.

jitterypinger may work for VM but is on here in their own time. So they can't manage anything on there. When they are on here they are just a community member like you
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

This is terrible, jitterypinger what ever your name is if you work for virgin media, and you see all the complaints that customers make on this site, then I would have thought you would raise this with management and resolve the very lack of customer service.

Hi @Anonymous,

The name is Matt, I don't work for Virgin Media (though happy to take a role as Customer Service Director) but if I did, yes I would be taking the complaints to my superiors, I have a few ideas now as to what should change.

I would be complaining myself, because I can only imagine the stress having 5 millions customers relying on only a quarter of the staff it had before restrictions closed and reduced available work force and the emotions customers like yourself are feeling right now aren't pleasant to be on the receiving end of.

As a NHS Doctor surely your way to busy and dependent on your broadband to be having it cut off and worrying about it this much.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Telling everyone to ring at 8am doesn't help the situation as everyone will be trying at that time and we be back in the same position trying to get hold of someone to sort my account. I can't waste hours and hours trying to get a response to resolve my problem. Unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of working from home, and have put myself at risk to work. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of working from home, and have put myself at risk to work. 

Terrible isn't it, doing your job while everybody else loses theirs...

I've advised you on what to do, now your on your own.

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

who would have thought. Getting paid to do the job you decided you wanted.

#notspecial
We have all suffered but most of us get ignored and forgotten about.