Menu
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel contract

Hi, I need to cancel my contract ASAP and terminate my service but I can’t seem to get through on the phone and the live chat option isn’t available, can anyone help me please? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to cancel contract

You need to give 30 days notice to cancel your contract.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still having issues! Why is the live chat no longer available? I’m just going around in circles 

0 Kudos
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have phone the free number and got asked my security pass code  thing but I don’t remember it! So I can’t get any further! Live chat not available and they would probably just tell me to phone anyway, can someone please help me, I cannot afford this package and need it cancelled ASAP 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angela30,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble trying to cancel your services. I'm afraid that cancellations aren't something which we're able to help with from here.

Did you try contacting us via our text service on 0753 305 1809? 

Regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth, managed to speak to someone, didn’t get the outcome I wanted though 😩

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angela30,

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear that.

Can you tell us what happened? We'll do our best to help as much as we can from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
ollie1311
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Didnt want to start a new thread but spent 3 hours yesterday and about 5 hours today trying to speak to someone about my contract, chat and text bots a waste of time and was on phone for 2 hours today.

I have now given up on virgin after a year which is a pity as broadband speed is superb but no point in wasting my time anymore  trying to contact them when there are other options out there which actually have customer service  .

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ollie1311 wrote:

Didnt want to start a new thread but spent 3 hours yesterday and about 5 hours today trying to speak to someone about my contract, chat and text bots a waste of time and was on phone for 2 hours today.

I have now given up on virgin after a year which is a pity as broadband speed is superb but no point in wasting my time anymore  trying to contact them when there are other options out there which actually have customer service  .

you dont say if in those calls you gave 30 days notice - if not then your contract continues - some say they will cancel the DD - that will not cancel the contract VM will simply put the account out for debt collection and put a mark on your credit file

Tony
0 Kudos
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just butting in here but I was trying to cancel my contract as my finances have changed and I’m struggling, got told I was too late to cancel as my new contract was starting soon. So I’m stuck with it for 24 months! As a long time customer I think this is terrible service. They took £7 off, which isn’t much.. new customers are getting better and cheaper deals..

rant over haha

Angela 

0 Kudos