cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel and loosing the bot war

pross22
Joining in

So this forum is my last resort.

I cancelled my account on 3rd of Oct at 15:46, spoke to a nice Scotish guy who cancelled my account for me, and on my account page it showed something along the lines of "Pending cancellation"

Then today I get billed for oct/nov and the pending has been removed!

I called the contact number, the bot told me to log into my account and pay then hung up

I tried the whatsapp bot it gave me a link to pay my bill then reset itself.

I tried every possible route in the contact number maze I could think of and every time it would redirect me to pay my bill and just hang up.

Is there any other way I can talk to a real person and re-cancel my account like I already did?

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You have to give VM 30 days notice to cancel your services. VM continues to bill you as per normal right up until the point of disconnection.

When you contacted VM on 3 Oct and and gave 30 days notice to cancel, did you then cancel your direct debit at the same time?

pross22
Joining in

I cancelled the DD the following day.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If 3 Oct was the first time you spoke to VM about cancelling then that would have been the start of your 30 day notice period so VM would expect paying on the normal billing cycle right up until you are disconnected.

Once you are disconnected, VM produces a final bill. If your account is in debit you pay that and leave VM. If you are in credit VM refunds you.

pross22
Joining in

So it would have said pending for the 30 days notice period, ok. So why has that dissapeard and now they billed me for november?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I have an idea, from some past topics on here, that VM won't actually let you leave while your account is in arrears. I am guessing that your cancellation might have been cancelled as you missed a normal scheduled payment due in your 30 day disconnection period..

I think you will need the VM forum team to look at your account for you and advise exactly what is going on. They normally reply here within a few days

pross22
Joining in

Yea I had to pay 130 quid to get out of arrears and unlock the ability to bypass the bot maze. Now im on hold with hopefully someone so I can cancel yet again. Thanks for talking to me though.

Hello pross22

Thanks for posting in regards to your cancellation and subsequent bill, we understand the confusion and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

When arranging to cancel your services, we always require 30 days notice. We will continue to bill you during this time but any due payments or adjustments will be made and a final bill sent. We can see you have spoken to the team earlier today and trust this was covered during the call.

Rob