Menu
TPeacock
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel account (have already cancelled once via phone)

Hello, I am trying to help my mother cancel her Virgin Media Account, I think. It might already be cancelled but I am uncertain.

I phoned around New Year, got through and agreed to cancel the account, all in all very helpful. It was explained to me that while she was out of contract, there is still a 30 days notice that needed to be given. So final bill was supposed to be in January and then all services would be terminated.

The next few days she recieved letters saying "keeping you in the know about your package" which mentions the current contract has ended (she had been out of contract for several months already) and then "your bill will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March".

This implied to me that the account has not been cancelled, when I finally managed to get through to someone on live chat today they informed me the account has not been cancelled and that I need to contact "You can call our Pre-Installation Cancellation team on 0800 052 1734." However that doesn't seem to be the department I need to get to, additionally the recording on the line states that they've had to close down some numbers due to covid and promptly hangs up.

So I'm now confused as to how I should proceed, do I just keep phoning up to request cancellation until it works? I'm not able to use the virgin media phone at the location, so its running up a hefty bill phoning up every day trying to get through 😞

thanks very much for any help

Tony

0 Kudos
TPeacock
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel account (have already cancelled once via phone)

Replying since I cannot edit.

Managed to get through on the phone number (after signing up for unlimited minute on my mobile elsewhere) and was told a note had been put on the system stating that I want to leave as its too expensive (not sure where that came from?) but that no action was taking by the employee to cancel the account. As a result my account was still open and 30 days notice not technically given.

I then, once again, gave notice that I wished to close the account and that I was giving my 30 days notice. I was told that I would receive a final bill of £16.82 in february and my account would be closed. I waited on hold to see if they could send the equipment return box to my new address where I live, but after waiting 20 minutes instead was passed to a new callcenter employee, ran through everything again and they have supposedly arranged to send the returns box to my new home. I confirmed with this employee that I had filed for and end to my services and that my 30 days notices had been given, and that I would receive a final bill of £16.82.

Today (6th feb) I was billed a full amount of £59.50, not the £16.82 I was told. So now I don't know if my account has actually been cancelled or if it STILL ongoing. I'll phone up again next chance I get and see if I can find any more information...

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel account (have already cancelled once via phone)

Thanks for the post TPeacock and welcome to our community.

We don't put through cancellations or package changes over the forum but you can do this either over the phone on 150/0345 454 1111 or you can give your 30 days notice over written request to the address you can find on our terms and conditions.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos