Menu
mikell91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trying to Contact VM to Reduce my Payments by Downgrading Internet Speed

I'm finding it impossible to contact VM to see if I can get my monthly bill reduced. The website only lets me upgrade my package, not downgrade it. Currently, we have 100mB delivered to the living room of our north London flat, but it goes no further. The speed in the other rooms where my wife and I actually use our laptops is 20mB max, and we only get that by using an extender.

However, we don't need 100mB. I want VM to reduce my bill by reducing the broadband speed to about 60mB. We only use it for emails, Smart TV, occasional internet searches and so on.

We don't have TV on the package, only talk anytime.

Any ideas on contacting someone other than a disembodied voice would be helpful.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
domino8
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to Contact VM to Reduce my Payments by Downgrading Internet Speed

You have to call them, it took me three hours to do this in November. Then they changed the contract back without my permission - hope you have better results than I.

0 Kudos
mikell91
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks domino, but I can't hang around for hours on end. If Mr Branson spent more on customer services rather instead of his ego- boosting climate destroying rockets, maybe I might be able to speak with a member of the human race.

I did try the chat line, but there was nobody there either.

Mike

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the post Mikell91.

We can't put through package changes over the forum, you would need to contact on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4 to discuss this with the team.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
mikell91
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily, but that's the number I'm trying which never answers.

I'll keep trying, but even in these strange times, I do have a limited life and I don't want to spend it with the phone waiting forever. I've had no problems at all with the service from VM until now.

I'm sure what I'm asking for is not beyond someone who is working from home - it's just a bit annoying that VM can't be bothered to employ more people.

Mike 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mr B has nothing to do with Virgin Media other than licencing the name to Liberty Global

as to reducing your speed - they used to do 50meg but not sure its still available other that to those who are on it at the moment

any saving will be minimal if there was a lower package - might even cost you money is you are any form of discount or new customer deal

if you are happy with lower speeds then you need to look at other isp's - what they offer and charge is down to you to investigate 

Tony
0 Kudos
mikell91
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

OK - I'll let Mr B off. Amazingly, I rang and got straight through just now. They do still have the 50Mb package and that's what we'll try out. My initial concern was, would this be enough for the Smart TV (Netflix, iPlayer etc). However, the VM person said that those services only need a max of 10mb so hopefully all will be well. The monthly cost has been reduced from £46, which would have increased soon, to £40 including the increase.

We'll see how we get on, but since our usage is reasonably boring, hopefully 50Mb will be sufficient.

Mike

0 Kudos