Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trying to Cancel my Virgin Media Account is Beyond Belief

Hello to all 

I Have been trying to cancel my account with virgin media, as i am now disabled due to accident, ( deaf )  So i got the information off the forum for the Text Service on 07533 051809, which i thought would help me out pretty easily in order to cancel, Not everyone would need to use this service, ( Great you might think ) What a surprise after 4-5 days of Texting back and forth, waiting for Hours each day to even connect -  finaly through security checks etc etc to be finaly told you need to get in touch with customer services/retentions as we cannot cancel your account from our team - please wait i will transfer you to customer services, so waiting again - then everything times out at 6pm no further contact till the next day and it starts over again with a different Agent once connected - Its also exactly the same with the online message us / chat, which i am still currently connected to - What i have noticed with Both of these contact Services is they are not UK Based, They are Both Indian call Centers, They obviously follow procedures, so in order to cancel your account they have to transfer you Back to  the Customer Relations Team the UK

This is a total wast of time as they simply dont respond and you are on hold until you got it the 6pm time out ( office closed ) There is simply is no UK Phone, Text, or Chat contact it must be all dealt with from abroad first. This is message when i actually got through today ( Day 7 attempt ) 

Nandini:  at 16:36, Jan 29:

Hi there! You're connected to Nandini. I see that you would like to contact our customer relations team. I see that you have been waiting to connect with an advisor from a long time. Apologies for the wait time you have experienced. We can transfer you through our Messaging service to our Customer Relations team to help you further.

Please keep your chat open and we will get to you as quickly as we possibly can.

Info at 16:36, Jan 29:

Hello you’re through to the Customer Relations messaging team. Our opening times are 8am until 6pm, Monday to Saturday and 11am until 8pm Sunday. We have your query and a member of our dedicated team will be with you as soon as possible. Please be aware that replies to this service are not immediate allowing you to get on with your day. Just to let you know that our conversation will be recorded, archived, and monitored for quality assurance and training purposes. Staying connected to this conversation means you’re okay with this.

You at 18:07, Jan 29:

seems a merry go round !! Forgot its past 6pm again, so now tomorrow again ?

There must be somebody on Here from The VM Team that can assist me with this, I dont mind a private PM if anyone can help !!    🤓

0 Kudos
Paul-Edwards2
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to Cancel my Virgin Media Account is Beyond Belief

I had no idea that everything closed down at 6 pm!

I phoned to cancel my account this afternoon. After being on hold for around 1 hr 20 mins I finally got through to a guy called Michael, who sounded Scottish. After explaining why I wanted to leave Virgin, he said that he'd put me though to disconnections. After continuing to listen to an endless loop of music and speaking to no one, I finally got cut off, at around 6.20 pm, after 1 hr, 49 mins and 57 secs.

I've never had such dreadful customer service from any company, let alone one that I've been a loyal customer of for over 18 years and I'm thoroughly disgusted.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Probably because you called in ( by phone )  the guy may have been from the UK,  Unfortunately i am Deaf so any phone conversations is simply out of the question - every single person i have managed to contact wether via the online Chat/message Team has been Indian, again this is the same as the Text service all contacts were Indian, simply no help at all as unable to cancel my account, its got to go through Customer Relations/Retentions

This is why i am reaching out on the forum, after 6-7 Days of this chat and texting backwards and forwards for hours each day  waiting on hold for so called customer services who simply do not or will not reply is really beyond the bounds of belief. ( 6-7 ) days what a joke 

I really think Virgin Media Have serious problems with Customer Care, I have never actually come across this before with any Company -  Hopefully some one from the forum team can assist,   wishing you Good Luck with your own issue !  " Got My fingers and Toes Crossed for You "   

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Paul for your info: Customer Relations Working Hours

Hello you’re through to the Customer Relations messaging team. Our opening times are 8am until 6pm, Monday to Saturday and 11am until 8pm Sunday. We have your query and a member of our dedicated team will be with you as soon as possible. Please be aware that replies to this service are not immediate allowing you to get on with your day. Just to let you know that our conversation will be recorded, archived, and monitored for quality assurance and training purposes. Staying connected to this conversation means you’re okay with this
0 Kudos
Paul-Edwards2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Avatar. What a terribly frustrating time you're having, I do hope that you manage to get somewhere with this mess asap.

On the whole, I've found VM cust services to be very good in the past, but the current service, together with the shockingly bad cust satisfaction ratings, the company now seems to have, is disappointing and worrying. It's very obvious that they have survived for far too long because they assumed that they had no real competition. This isn't the case now and I hope to see a total change for the good in this sector,  with much cheaper deals, as we've come to expect from the mobile phone providers.

Good luck!

0 Kudos